Urgent Neurology vs Pathology

Started by sagat
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

sagat

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I truly enjoy both and have to make a decision within 48 hours to which I would prefer to go into. I just want an insightful opinion on what is the single most important trait I need to be a neurologist. I honestly enjoy diagnostic more than anything and would love a career that focuses on that.
 
Hmm, fellow MD/PhD student, we are infamous for indecision for sure. Do you enjoy patients? You have to see patients as a neurologist, almost never (alive) as a pathologist, that's probably the most obvious difference.

Also neuropath is accessible through pathology but probably not neurology, if you are interested in that.

There are a few neuro vs. path threads like https://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/neurology-vs-pathology.786878/, hope they are helpful.

Good luck.
 
I truly enjoy both and have to make a decision within 48 hours to which I would prefer to go into. I just want an insightful opinion on what is the single most important trait I need to be a neurologist. I honestly enjoy diagnostic more than anything and would love a career that focuses on that.

Serious reply here: heads neurology, tails pathology. Flip the coin. While it is flipping, call what you WANT it to be in that moment. Then do it. And NEVER look at the coin!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I truly enjoy both and have to make a decision within 48 hours to which I would prefer to go into. I just want an insightful opinion on what is the single most important trait I need to be a neurologist. I honestly enjoy diagnostic more than anything and would love a career that focuses on that.

Well? You gonna leave us hanging like that?