Urgent question, just decided to take MCAT!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

imadome

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
-

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Dear SDNers,

I have just decided to take the MCAT in July. With about a month to prep, what books would you all recommend as efficient test prep materials?

I will be taking all AAMC FLs but do not know where to start with content review.

Need a very minimal score for admission to med school through a program.

Thank you!

Personally, I wouldn't bother taking all the AAMC practice tests if you are only studying for a month. It just simply isn't enough time to review all the material efficiently and take all the practice tests. However, I would try to do all the verbal reasoning tests you can do. For materials, I used the kaplan books and they were good for me.

What med program are you applying for that you need a minimal score?

Members don't see this ad :)
you can easily get your desired score if you studying is ALL you are doing. I would recommend EK books for content and you can get through those in conjunction to doing tests. Maybe try the AAMC self assessments. I would just basically study from mostly AAMC material and substitute with other material if I need to brush up on a certain topic. Good luck! :)