Urgent Question (Traffic Guidelines)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HopefulUpcomingDoc

Reaction score
Hello all,

As you may see from my post history, I was accepted and paid a deposit to KHSC-COM sometime March. After the May 15 deadline, I received a call that I was removed from the wait-list and accepted at another school that is more established. They gave me until Monday 23rd to put down a deposit for the acceptance. If during the upcoming two days I decide to pay the deposit, what would I be looking at? 3 days is not enough time to come to an unrushed decision on which school to attend, and I have the money to spare losing a deposit. In essence, if I pay what would be the 2nd deposit at the unwaitlisted school, will AACOMAS or the either/both schools come after me/drop my acceptances entirely? I need time to figure out financial aid/scholarship offers (if any) at KHSC, and also see what the other school has to offer in terms of potential scholarships (FAFSA is already secured for the other school so that isn't a worry). I really don't know what to do. Sorry for the terrible formatting, typing it from my phone at 12 AM..

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Does KHSC have federal loans? How about the more established school? I think this is what you need to make your decisions on.

Members don't see this ad :)
KHSC does not get have, no. It is also unknown if they will have. The other school however does have.
I would not go to a school that doesn't offer federal loans. The paths to repay a private loan are more limited in comparison to federal. Interest rates are usually higher as well.

I would not go to a school that doesn't offer federal loans. The paths to repay a private loan are more limited in comparison to federal. Interest rates are usually higher as well.
While I do appreciate your insight and opinion on the federal loan issue, it's not yet clear if they will be declined for them, so it's not exactly fair to say that they won't have federal loans come mid June-early July. My issue is if I have two deposits, what does that look like for me?

Go to the other school if it has federal loans. Federal loans are important