URM (AA male) Need advice on where to go from here

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1130920

-deleted-

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
You should receive interviews with your stats and ECs and I suggest all these:
Arizona (Tucson and Phoenix)
Howard
Meharry
Morehouse
UCLA Drew
TCU-UNT
Creighton
St. Louis
Loyola
Medical College Wisconsin
Oakland Beaumont
Wayne State
Indiana
Tulane
Miami
NOVA MD
George Washington
Georgetown
Pittsburgh
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Wright State
Hackensack
New York Medical College
Vermont
Quinnipiac

Reactions: 1 users
You should receive interviews with your stats and ECs and I suggest all these:
Arizona (Tucson and Phoenix)
Howard
Meharry
Morehouse
UCLA Drew
TCU-UNT
Creighton
St. Louis
Loyola
Medical College Wisconsin
Oakland Beaumont
Wayne State
Indiana
Tulane
Miami
NOVA MD
George Washington
Georgetown
Pittsburgh
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Wright State
Hackensack
New York Medical College
Vermont
Quinnipiac
Thank you for your response! Do you recommend that I apply to DO schools as well? If so, are there any in particular you recommend?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you for your response! Do you recommend that I apply to DO schools as well? If so, are there any in particular you recommend?
I heard schools do not like many attempts at the MCAT. How true is that and how much of an impact will my score improvement from 2021 have?

I don’t think anyone can say specifically. What can be said is that ALL MCAT scores will be seen by reviewers! Some might have biases against multiple test takers or someone that scored a 491. Is this right or fair? Who knows. But nobody can predict if people will overlook low scores even if you eventually score>515. And remember lots of people do well on their first MCAT!
As to your last MCAT, you made a significant jump. You made yourself competitive for some med schools. And that’s a good thing! Of course there are no guarantees for interviews or acceptances but a 502 is better than a 491. It’s going to be up to you to figure out where your stats fit best!
For sure you should have DO schools on your list. Andalways have a back up plan!

Reactions: 1 user
If you have not received several interviews by November then apply to DO schools. I suggest these
TUNCOM
UIWSOM
KCU-COM
ATSU-KCOM
MU-COM
NYITCOM
Touro-NY
PCOM (all schools)
ACOM
CUSOM
VCOM (all schools except Monroe)

Reactions: 2 users
If you have not received several interviews by November then apply to DO schools. I suggest these
TUNCOM
UIWSOM
KCU-COM
ATSU-KCOM
MU-COM
NYITCOM
Touro-NY
PCOM (all schools)
ACOM
CUSOM
VCOM (all schools except Monroe)
Will applying that late in the cycle affect my chances?

I don’t think anyone can say specifically. What can be said is that ALL MCAT scores will be seen by reviewers! Some might have biases against multiple test takers or someone that scored a 491. Is this right or fair? Who knows. But nobody can predict if people will overlook low scores even if you eventually score>515. And remember lots of people do well on their first MCAT!
As to your last MCAT, you made a significant jump. You made yourself competitive for some med schools. And that’s a good thing! Of course there are no guarantees for interviews or acceptances but a 502 is better than a 491. It’s going to be up to you to figure out where your stats fit best!
For sure you should have DO schools on your list. Andalways have a back up plan!
Agreeing... it depends on how the admissions process is set up but a select few will know and see all your scores. How it is handled afterwards will depend on the school (average all attempts, superscore each section, last attempt counts). The admissions staff and professionals try to be sure there is no unnecessary bias according to the policies of the committee.

Reactions: 1 user