**URM? Post Stats Here**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I sent you a PM, UCMDwannabe.

Members don't see this ad.

UCMDwannabe said:
I am seriously regretting even posting this trend.

I am a URM from a disadvantaged background. I attend UC Berkeley. I am female. I dont have the best MCAT scores (26-28) but good grades (3.8 my last two years --3.6 overall) and EC's (research, volunteering, working with homeless/disadvantaged, tutoring, etc). I have always had a really hard time with standardized testing, which I believe stems to the low quality of education and training i recieved in my youth.

I started this thread because i just simply wanted to know my chances.

I dont understand why the huge controversy in this subject area. There are cases (but rare in my opinion) in which someone with unquestionably low stats are given a place...but not to the extent that it should create such animosity by people on this site.

If you would please, return to the actual point of this thread or go start your own race bashing thread elsewhere.

I seriously don't think i bashed anyone. however you have to realize this is an extremely emotionally charged and sensitive issue on both sides. If the concept was executed with its intended purpose in mind it would be beneficial and fair; however when the system is warped it provides and enhances the very racism and segregation that its intents were supposed to overcome.

Closing due to:

1. blatant trolling.
2. personal attacks
3. general suckiness.

Status
Not open for further replies.