Urm Stats...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DoctorAK

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I think it would be helpful if some of our URM's who got into medical school would share their #'s with their fellow URMs. I'm a URM who applying in the 2008 application cycle, for admission in 2009.
I'm just starting this thread to see what kind of #'s our people have been getting in with, and where and what year...i think i would help alot of URMs.:)
So if you guys would put
GPA:
BCPM:
MCAT:
School Acceptances:
Please support this thread

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I think it would be helpful if some of our URM's who got into medical school would share their #'s with their fellow URMs. I'm a URM who applying in the 2008 application cycle, for admission in 2009.
My 3's are GPA 3.57 BCPM 3.28 MCAT 23 (B9:p9:V5) I'm scheduled to retake my MCAT in august but people keep saying I should have applied already...I know i can improve my MCAT cause i didn't take a prep course the first time around and now i'm in one.
I'm just starting this thread to see what kind of #'s our people have been getting in with, and where and what year...i think i would help alot of URMs.:)
So if you guys would put
GPA:
BCPM:
MCAT:
School Acceptances:

as nice as this information would be to have, too many urm premeds on this site are too frickin hypersensitve to post this info, and some rightfully feel this way as it will prolly incite some type of flamewar...lol goodluck tryin tho..next yr, if i get in, i will post my stats...

My 3's are GPA 3.57 BCPM 3.28 MCAT 23 (B9:p9:V5) I'm scheduled to retake my MCAT in august but people keep saying I should have applied already...I know i can improve my MCAT cause i didn't take a prep course the first time around and now i'm in one.
So if you guys would put
GPA:
BCPM:
MCAT:
School Acceptances:

DoctorAK & What up doc,

This information can already be found on mdapplicants.com. Among other options, you can search applicant profiles by ethnicity, urm/not, application year, GPA, MCAT score, etc.. It's a lot easier than starting a thread on it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Personally I don't see the problem in us sharing our Stats....its just a way for us to help each other out.... I'm not asking because i think any of my fellow URMs got in based on their URM status...Its just a way for us to have a better idea of where we can get in with different #'s. I checked out that website (mdapplicants.com) and it only had a limited amount of data...I'm still keeping my request so please post Stats if you feel comfy doing so...:)

Mdapplicants is filled with too much embellishment. As for stats, I've been in the upper 27-29 range and I'm not taking the MCAT until I'm consistently getting 30s.

DoctorAK, when on mdapplicants, make sure to un-check the "Exclude incomplete profiles box." You'll also have to search through African and Hispanic separately without checking the URM box. There are quite a few profiles from the 2007/2008 application cycle (obviously not all of them are real, but you usually have some kind of idea which ones are real).

I suggested searching mdapplicants instead of asking people to individually post stats here because a lot of us are on vacation and/or have not been checking SDN regularly since our application cycle ended. So you may not end up with too many responses on here from people who have already been through this process. However, many of us that were on the URM forum do have profiles on mdapplicants.

Mdapplicants is filled with too much embellishment. As for stats, I've been in the upper 27-29 range and I'm not taking the MCAT until I'm consistently getting 30s.

You'll end up with embellishment on any kind of anonymous posting site. Theoretically you could be embellishing your stats too... At some point you have to draw the line on what to believe and what not to believe... it's up to the individual.

You'll end up with embellishment on any kind of anonymous posting site. Theoretically you could be embellishing your stats too... At some point you have to draw the line on what to believe and what not to believe... it's up to the individual.

Believe the MSAR.....

It does not have URM specific stats...I know it's awkward to post in a thread because then the numbers get associated with a user name, but more URMs should definitely post in mdapplicants.com
Believe the MSAR.....

The OP was looking for info on what kinds of stats got people into which schools. That website has averages for all applicants/acceptees/matriculants across the country. Not specific enough for the OP.

Oh well theres a MSAR link somewhere around here that has the GPA Mcat scores of each school but it doesn't include URM stats. That information would be fairly difficult to locate and any random couple of ppl who posts what they got and where they got in would be anecdotal.

Oh well theres a MSAR link somewhere around here that has the GPA Mcat scores of each school but it doesn't include URM stats. That information would be fairly difficult to locate and any random couple of ppl who posts what they got and where they got in would be anecdotal.

There are so few URMs getting accepted to most of these schools that if you reach, say, 5 URMs per school, that's good enough for me. I understand the data's limitations but I want to see it anyway. But I agree that mdapplicants.com might be a better place to put it!

What would really be a good indicator would be how many URMs are applying to these schools.

Members don't see this ad :)
This is an intriguing thread. This year's crowd seems to be fixated on stats; for better or worse, I don't know. We'll see come May 15th haha. :)

This is an intriguing thread. This year's crowd seems to be fixated on stats; for better or worse, I don't know. We'll see come May 15th haha. :)

yep, because that is the only objective measure over which anyone on this thread can justifiably comment on...for instance, i could ask you/ tell you my ECs...but you dont know what a good EC is in the eyes of an admission commitee. nobody on here knows what is a phenomenal display of leadership or community service...we dont even know how much of a role this all really plays...but, we do know, that as URMs, our stats are looked at a little differently than the others...and that the 3.6, 30 rule doesnt neccesarily apply...and oh **** i said it, URMs dont have to have a 3.6 and a 30 to get into med skool, sumbody flame me :laugh: but its tru...neway, thats the reason why we seem stat focused, although i would venture to say that the kids this year arent anymore stat focused than nebody else....it jus seems like ppl are more quick to pull the trigger on ppl askin for such info...and MDAPPS SUX! i dont buy half that ****...ESPECIALLY the urm info, i mean cmon gimme a break....i mean even sum of the high staters, such as you and lovelymd, flaahless (yes, he is a high stater) removed the link to your MDAPPs...i would be more inclined to believe the stats that you posted than sum random search that brought 3.2, 24 full scholarship to harvard type ****...puh-leeeaaase

yep, because that is the only objective measure over which anyone on this thread can justifiably comment on...for instance, i could ask you/ tell you my ECs...but you dont know what a good EC is in the eyes of an admission commitee. nobody on here knows what is a phenomenal display of leadership or community service...we dont even know how much of a role this all really plays...but, we do know, that as URMs, our stats are looked at a little differently than the others...and that the 3.6, 30 rule doesnt neccesarily apply...and oh **** i said it, URMs dont have to have a 3.6 and a 30 to get into med skool, sumbody flame me :laugh: but its tru...neway, thats the reason why we seem stat focused, although i would venture to say that the kids this year arent anymore stat focused than nebody else....it jus seems like ppl are more quick to pull the trigger on ppl askin for such info...and MDAPPS SUX! i dont buy half that ****...ESPECIALLY the urm info, i mean cmon gimme a break....i mean even sum of the high staters, such as you and lovelymd, flaahless (yes, he is a high stater) removed the link to your MDAPPs...i would be more inclined to believe the stats that you posted than sum random search that brought 3.2, 24 full scholarship to harvard type ****...puh-leeeaaase

Regardless of the hearsay that runs rampant on SDN and the too frequent made up stats found on MDApps, you need to aim to be as competitive and well-rounded of an applicant as you can, even as a URM. Do not sell yourself short with the "I do not need to have X MCAT and X.X GPA at ____ School of Medicine because I am a URM" mentality as it will only hurt you in the long run. You may be surprised with the amount of applicants in today's pool that are of the "Lovelymd, flaahless, RandomBlackManX, wutinb, MsJLewis, QTCL13, etc" type that you are up against.

Regardless of the hearsay that runs rampant on SDN and the too frequent made up stats found on MDApps, you need to aim to be as competitive and well-rounded of an applicant as you can, even as a URM. Do not sell yourself short with the "I do not need to have X MCAT and X.X GPA at ____ School of Medicine because I am a URM" mentality as it will only hurt you in the long run. You may be surprised with the amount of applicants in today's pool that are of the "Lovelymd, flaahless, RandomBlackManX, wutinb, MsJLewis, QTCL13, etc" type that you are up against.

Asking about stats is in no way aiming to not be competitive...I'ts a simple request to get a general idea of where people are getting in with their scores. Obviously someone else gets in with a 20 and 3.0 that doesn't mean you will. However, if 50 people get in with a 20 and a 3.0 a candidate can feel a little more motivated to apply and hope they are one of the 50. If you applied and you weren't one of the 50 its time to re-evaluate and reapply.

Absolutely great advice here! The entire pool is very, very competitive out there. You simply have to get yourself to the highest uGPA/MCAT that you can period. On another note, comparing yourself to anyone who has already achieved admission is largely an exercise in futility. The numbers change from year to year and every year, the average uGPAs and MCAT scores have gone up across every ethnic group and overall.

Asking about stats is in no way aiming to not be competitive...I'ts a simple request to get a general idea of where people are getting in with their scores. Obviously someone else gets in with a 20 and 3.0 that doesn't mean you will. However, if 50 people get in with a 20 and a 3.0 a candidate can feel a little more motivated to apply and hope they are one of the 50. If you applied and you weren't one of the 50 its time to re-evaluate and reapply.

As I stated above, you actually can't use this information to "get a general idea" of where people are getting in with their scores. The one thing that you can count on is that scores everywhere are going up and that what works for one person in any given year is likely not to work for you even in the very next year.

I applied to medical school in 1997. I would seriously doubt if my uGPA/MCAT scores would be as competitive now as they were then. The pool is larger and the competition is much better prepared. While MDApplicants is self-reported data, you can look at the AAMC website and see what the overall averages are for those who entered in 2007 (the last year that we have that data). Either you are above average, average or below average. You can also look at other aspects of the applications of those folks who chose to report that data. Can you draw any conclusions or use that data to determine how successful you will be at any given school? No, it's just not that reliable and you are in a different year.

Of course, I understand where you are coming from as I have been in your position. It is just that many members do not feel comfortable publicly posting their information on SDN. If you were around this past year, you would be aware of the horrendous comments that incited negative judgement (I just feel that this year's comments were far worse than those of any other year). One suggestion I can offer is to maybe get to know recent applicants or SDN vets and PM them, but even that is a stretch as far as extracting information is concerned. As the wise Njbmd has said, it is hard to compare yourself with previous applicants since the pool changes every year.

Another option is to speak with the minority affairs office or a minority student liaison through the admissions office at any institution you may be interested in. Perhaps make a phone or in-person appointment (if you live close) so that you may receive some type of counseling on where you would stand as an applicant for that school in particular. My school is receptive to this, as are many others. Also, it is a good idea to market yourself to schools anyway as a future applicant so that there is a sense of familiarity when your application is received.

I know the fixation on stats is natural for pre-meds and it's hard to heed the advice that we (recent applicants, med students, practicing physicians, school admins, etc) give you. However, once you actually go through an application cycle, it is easier to grasp on to the importance of the intangible qualities of an applicant. Just because two applicants are numerically identical does not mean that both will get in, or have a shot for that matter. The statistics posted on the AAMC web site as well as those in the MSAR can give you some sort of idea of where you stand. I believe the MSAR gives you specific score breakdowns of the lowest and highest scores of accepted students from each MCAT section for various school's (I have never actually looked in the MSAR book, so if I'm wrong, I hope someone will correct me).

I wish you all the best in this cycle! Work hard and stay focused!

Of course, I understand where you are coming from as I have been in your position. It is just that many members do not feel comfortable publicly posting their information on SDN. If you were around this past year, you would be aware of the horrendous comments that incited negative judgement (I just feel that this year's comments were far worse than those of any other year). One suggestion I can offer is to maybe get to know recent applicants or SDN vets and PM them, but even that is a stretch as far as extracting information is concerned. As the wise Njbmd has said, it is hard to compare yourself with previous applicants since the pool changes every year.

Another option is to speak with the minority affairs office or a minority student liaison through the admissions office at any institution you may be interested in. Perhaps make a phone or in-person appointment (if you live close) so that you may receive some type of counseling on where you would stand as an applicant for that school in particular. My school is receptive to this, as are many others. Also, it is a good idea to market yourself to schools anyway as a future applicant so that there is a sense of familiarity when your application is received.

I know the fixation on stats is natural for pre-meds and it's hard to heed the advice that we (recent applicants, med students, practicing physicians, school admins, etc) give you. However, once you actually go through an application cycle, it is easier to grasp on to the importance of the intangible qualities of an applicant. Just because two applicants are numerically identical does not mean that both will get in, or have a shot for that matter. The statistics posted on the AAMC web site as well as those in the MSAR can give you some sort of idea of where you stand. I believe the MSAR gives you specific score breakdowns of the lowest and highest scores of accepted students from each MCAT section for various school's (I have never actually looked in the MSAR book, so if I'm wrong, I hope someone will correct me).

I wish you all the best in this cycle! Work hard and stay focused!

you gave great advice and i agree with you. but i guess i can only talk for myself...my gpa/mcat are set...i cant change that...i cant only "strive" for the best, because they are set...and believe you me, i have done that for the past 3 years and believe you me, it has worked...i have not sold myself short, and i did not aim for any goals other than best...but i am not stupid...and call it stereotype threat or whatever, but in the back of my head ive always known that my numbers are much statistically higher than the "average' numbers listed on the AAMC website and tht i would benefit from that. i mean, duh, arent we supposed to be critical thinkers? but yo, trust, i never once told myself, i shouldnt bust my a** for a test because i can afford 1 B, noway dude, still strove for the best, and i would think, or would hope, most URMs would think this same way...with that said, i still would like to know where people with my similar stats are getting in, where they are applying, and the likes...because despite what you and nbjmd suggest, it has been my experience that there are not many...i go to a huge public school and i know many, many, urms, and most of them hover around the averages listed by AAMC (no ****, thats prolly why its the average) i dont know many (well, not to toot my own horn, but actually none) that have the same numbers as I, so its tough, and i feel like im always in limbo...and i have called schools admissions office and asked, but yo, its awkard as hell asking *umm, okay so i know my gpa/mcat scores are at about the average for accepted applicants to your school, but how competive am I as an african american male?* lol, sometimes i feel like using a fake name, cuz i dont want to be associated with asking that type of question. but that is the exact reason why you ask on this ANONYMOUS online forum...who cares what negative comments ppl have to say to, its frickin anonymous...and yes, ive tried PMing ppl, that **** doesnt work either...i just dont understand why it has to be a mystery for us....randomblackmanx got a 38 and 3.99 and got accepted to evert single school he applied to, okay, so now am i gonna think *damn, i gotta get a 3.9 and a 38 to get into every school* NOO!!!!! but it does help put things in perspective...it does ease the nerves a little bit, to actually know who is getting in where with what....

you gave great advice and i agree with you. but i guess i can only talk for myself...my gpa/mcat are set...i cant change that...i cant only "strive" for the best, because they are set...and believe you me, i have done that for the past 3 years and believe you me, it has worked...i have not sold myself short, and i did not aim for any goals other than best...but i am not stupid...and call it stereotype threat or whatever, but in the back of my head ive always known that my numbers are much statistically higher than the "average' numbers listed on the AAMC website and tht i would benefit from that. i mean, duh, arent we supposed to be critical thinkers? but yo, trust, i never once told myself, i shouldnt bust my a** for a test because i can afford 1 B, noway dude, still strove for the best, and i would think, or would hope, most URMs would think this same way...with that said, i still would like to know where people with my similar stats are getting in, where they are applying, and the likes...because despite what you and nbjmd suggest, it has been my experience that there are not many...i go to a huge public school and i know many, many, urms, and most of them hover around the averages listed by AAMC (no ****, thats prolly why its the average) i dont know many (well, not to toot my own horn, but actually none) that have the same numbers as I, so its tough, and i feel like im always in limbo...and i have called schools admissions office and asked, but yo, its awkard as hell asking *umm, okay so i know my gpa/mcat scores are at about the average for accepted applicants to your school, but how competive am I as an african american male?* lol, sometimes i feel like using a fake name, cuz i dont want to be associated with asking that type of question. but that is the exact reason why you ask on this ANONYMOUS online forum...who cares what negative comments ppl have to say to, its frickin anonymous...and yes, ive tried PMing ppl, that **** doesnt work either...i just dont understand why it has to be a mystery for us....randomblackmanx got a ** and ** and got accepted to evert single school he applied to, okay, so now am i gonna think *damn, i gotta get a ** and a ** to get into every school* NOO!!!!! but it does help put things in perspective...it does ease the nerves a little bit, to actually know who is getting in where with what....

Believe what you wish, but this forum stopped being anonymous for me months ago. It's extremely easy to ascertain who you are based on you post history. Keep that in mind when you are asking for everyone stats (in addition to revealing that it was you who has been calling schools essentially asking if your numbers are good enough to secure an acceptance for a black male).

That said, would you go around in real life quizzing people on their GPA and MCAT score? Be thankful for mdapplicants and move along with the application process. I am sure many of us wouldn't mind giving you advice, but we are not here to constantly repost our stats. Geez.

of Course, I Understand Where You Are Coming From As I Have Been In Your Position. It Is Just That Many Members Do Not Feel Comfortable Publicly Posting Their Information On Sdn. If You Were Around This Past Year, You Would Be Aware Of The Horrendous Comments That Incited Negative Judgement (i Just Feel That This Year's Comments Were Far Worse Than Those Of Any Other Year). One Suggestion I Can Offer Is To Maybe Get To Know Recent Applicants Or Sdn Vets And Pm Them, but Even That Is A Stretch As Far As Extracting Information Is Concerned. As The Wise Njbmd Has Said, It Is Hard To Compare Yourself With Previous Applicants Since The Pool Changes Every Year.

Another Option Is To Speak With The Minority Affairs Office Or A Minority Student Liaison Through The Admissions Office At Any Institution You May Be Interested In. Perhaps Make A Phone Or In-person Appointment (if You Live Close) So That You May Receive Some Type Of Counseling On Where You Would Stand As An Applicant For That School In Particular. My School Is Receptive To This, As Are Many Others. Also, It Is A Good Idea To Market Yourself To Schools Anyway As A Future Applicant So That There Is A Sense Of Familiarity When Your Application Is Received.

I Know The Fixation On Stats Is Natural For Pre-meds And It's Hard To Heed The Advice That We (recent Applicants, Med Students, Practicing Physicians, School Admins, Etc) Give You. However, Once You Actually Go Through An Application Cycle, It Is Easier To Grasp On To The Importance Of The Intangible Qualities Of An Applicant. Just Because Two Applicants Are Numerically Identical Does Not Mean That Both Will Get In, Or Have A Shot For That Matter. The Statistics Posted On The Aamc Web Site As Well As Those In The Msar Can Give You Some Sort Of Idea Of Where You Stand. I Believe The Msar Gives You Specific Score Breakdowns Of The Lowest And Highest Scores Of Accepted Students From Each Mcat Section For Various School's (i Have Never Actually Looked In The Msar Book, So If I'm Wrong, I Hope Someone Will Correct Me).

I Wish You All The Best In This Cycle! Work Hard And Stay Focused!

Qft.

Believe what you wish, but this forum stopped being anonymous for me months ago. It's extremely easy to ascertain who you are based on you post history. Keep that in mind when you are asking for everyone stats (in addition to revealing that it was you who has been calling schools essentially asking if your numbers are good enough to secure an acceptance for a black male).

That said, would you go around in real life quizzing people on their GPA and MCAT score? Be thankful for mdapplicants and move along with the application process. I am sure many of us wouldn't mind giving you advice, but we are not here to constantly repost our stats. Geez.

****....good point....uh can you delete post????:oops:

and yes...a lot of my friends have figured me out on this website...has more to do with my avatar tho ahahaha

and no, i dont go quizzing ppl in real life...but lol...this isnt real life...and behind the veil of anonomyity one is inclined to do things he or she may not do otherwise :laugh:

and yes...a lot of my friends have figured me out on this website...has more to do with my avatar tho ahahaha

and no, i dont go quizzing ppl in real life...but lol...this isnt real life...and behind the veil of anonomyity one is inclined to do things he or she may not do otherwise :laugh:

:rolleyes:

Ah yes, I knew I recognized that chest from somewhere.... (kidding)

If you want I can edit your previous post.

Just wondering, the OP asked a fair question. Why was this answered with some much arguement and not one post responded to his/her answer. Why if this person asked the same question in the regular pre-med forum without using URM everyone would have responded with their stats. If you are hypersensitive about something you are either insecure, know that your getting in too easily, ashamed of your stats, or have something to hide. Answer the guys question!

Just wondering, the OP asked a fair question. Why was this answered with some much arguement and not one post responded to his/her answer. Why if this person asked the same question in the regular pre-med forum without using URM everyone would have responded with their stats. If you are hypersensitive about something you are either insecure, know that your getting in too easily, ashamed of your stats, or have something to hide. Answer the guys question!
Lead by example my friend.

Someone's stats are their own personal business. People at my college and at my medical school know my SDN screen name, and most things about me. I would like to have some privacy. Privacy is not equal to insecurity as you may seem to think. Most use mdapplicants for the stats. I hope your question has been answered.

Lead by example my friend.

Someone's stats are their own personal business. People at my college and at my medical school know my SDN screen name, and most things about me. I would like to have some privacy. Privacy is not equal to insecurity as you may seem to think. Most use mdapplicants for the stats. I hope your question has been answered.
I wont mind debating with you as I did with your other response to a thread response of mine. I was asking OVERALL I noticed this trend, not everyone. It is something I noticed and there is somewhat of a reason behind it other than "I want my privacy" BS and we all know it.

I wont mind debating with you as I did with your other response to a thread response of mine. I was asking OVERALL I noticed this trend, not everyone. It is something I noticed and there is somewhat of a reason behind it other than "I want my privacy" BS and we all know it.

This forum and this thread is not the place for debating these topics. If you want to debate, then go over to SocialPolitical but this is a support forum for racial and ethnic populations that are underepresented in the healthcare profession. If you want to debate, please go elsewhere.

Just making an observation here but did any of you notice how nobody posted stats for the poor fellow? LOL

classic

There should be more philosophy majors on this site, everybody likes discussions/debates.

Just making an observation here but did any of you notice how nobody posted stats for the poor fellow? LOL

classic

There should be more philosophy majors on this site, everybody likes discussions/debates.
That is what I was trying to say in a different way. It seems like everyone said everything except their stats, lol:laugh:

urms, on this website impaticular, are super duper hypersensitive....in the preallo forum, ppl openly share their stats and nobody cares...but here anytime talks about stats, somebody pops up and kirks out....i dont wanna argue about affirmative action...i just wanna know where urms are getting in with similar stats...and yes, for christs sake, STATS MATTER...they are not the end all, be all...but i know i wouldnt have 21 interview invites if were not for my stats...i mean, despite my somewhat cantankerous ANONYMOUS online personality, im actually a pretty nice guy in person...but, um, i dont think thats the main reason i have been as succesful, thus far, in this process...but on that same token, i can TOTALLY understand the desire for privacy....i have 3, yes THREE PEOPLE ask me, "hey...are you what up doc, by any chance?" at interviews!!!!! are u friggin kidding me? it almost scares me, cuz its like whooa, are there really so few of us urm candidates that ppl can correctly identify us based on ANONYMOUS post...i can honestly say that i felt almost violated and a little threatened and almost considered not ever going on this damn website again...lol...but my addiction is tooooooo strong and its just tooo helpful...but i am little more hesistant about revealing my stats and any more information at least until this process is over...so its kinda like a double edged sword...ya dig?

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's see if I can remember that far back...

Applied first time...GPA and BCPM < 3.0. MCAT #1: 24 (V9,P8,B7,M). 0 interviews. Naive applicant. I think I applied to Harvard, Hopkins, Rochester, NYMC, state schools and a few other places. Discovered SDN, got more familiar with the process, reviewed my app with my state school (Actually told my MCAT was okay, fool me once shame on you...). Obviously had to augment the weak areas of my applicaition.
-Registered for some post-bacc classes
-Increased volunteer experiences, leadership role etc.

Reapplied two cycles later...APPLIED EARLY!
GPA and BCPM still < 3.0. Postbacc GPA 3.8 (18 hours all upper level bio). MCAT #2: 27 (V9,P8,B10,Q). Disappointed with the score at the time. Applied to 10 schools (MCV, Drexel, Wake Forest and a couple other on that level + states schools. 7 interviews. 2 waitlists at private institutions. 2 acceptances at state institutions.

Whether one chooses to post their stats or not is their prerogative. "they can do what they wanna doooooooo!" Excuse me for that outburst.

As stated above in the above post. Present the best applicant to admissions committees. Improve your weak areas to the best of your ability. Recognize your limitations and seek help. That's the beauty of SDN. Information is only a click away. Lord knows we've all seen too much of SDN's ugly side up in here (and God don't like ugly)!

MCAT scores are not predictive of medical school performance or USMLE Step scores. It is a hurdle you must jump over. Jump as high as you can.

Put God first. Don't let the odds intimidate you. Stay focused.

Last edited:
urms, on this website impaticular, are super duper hypersensitive....in the preallo forum, ppl openly share their stats and nobody cares...but here anytime talks about stats, somebody pops up and kirks out....i dont wanna argue about affirmative action...i just wanna know where urms are getting in with similar stats...and yes, for christs sake, STATS MATTER...they are not the end all, be all...but i know i wouldnt have 21 interview invites if were not for my stats...i mean, despite my somewhat cantankerous ANONYMOUS online personality, im actually a pretty nice guy in person...but, um, i dont think thats the main reason i have been as succesful, thus far, in this process...but on that same token, i can TOTALLY understand the desire for privacy....i have 3, yes THREE PEOPLE ask me, "hey...are you what up doc, by any chance?" at interviews!!!!! are u friggin kidding me? it almost scares me, cuz its like whooa, are there really so few of us urm candidates that ppl can correctly identify us based on ANONYMOUS post...i can honestly say that i felt almost violated and a little threatened and almost considered not ever going on this damn website again...lol...but my addiction is tooooooo strong and its just tooo helpful...but i am little more hesistant about revealing my stats and any more information at least until this process is over...so its kinda like a double edged sword...ya dig?

No one's ever tried to associate me with my username at an interview. Which is just fine by me :)

My stats are in my mdapps. I am not happy that my gpa is low but I accept that that's what I got and that's it.

If a person doesn't want to share stats it's their business. I don't care if anyone figures out who I am and in real life when people ask me what my stats are I tell them straight up. At interviews no one recognized me but I asked who was on SDN and told them what my name is. I don't care if the Dean of a school knows my SDN name b/c everything I say on this site I'd say irl too.

My stats are in my mdapps. I am not happy that my gpa is low but I accept that that's what I got and that's it.

If a person doesn't want to share stats it's their business. I don't care if anyone figures out who I am and in real life when people ask me what my stats are I tell them straight up. At interviews no one recognized me but I asked who was on SDN and told them what my name is. I don't care if the Dean of a school knows my SDN name b/c everything I say on this site I'd say irl too.

lol...good for u...i wouldnt say a lot of things i say on this website in real life...thats part of allure of an anonymous online forum...

lol...good for u...i wouldnt say a lot of things i say on this website in real life...thats part of allure of an anonymous online forum...

This forum isnt as anonymous as you believe it to be, especially for URMs. Your mdapps and post history are all thats needed to disern your identity, or atleast enough to give someone an idea of who you might be. Just be careful, b/c it happened to a friend of mine based on his mdapps alone.

This forum isnt as anonymous as you believe it to be, especially for URMs. Your mdapps and post history are all thats needed to disern your identity, or atleast enough to give someone an idea of who you might be. Just be careful, b/c it happened to a friend of mine based on his mdapps alone.

So far, I have solidly identified 2 people from their post history...and they were not even URMs

Same here. By the way, good job on maintaining your anonymity :)

Well, I never confronted the people I identified...for all I know, there's several people who know exactly who I am...also, I realized that number was 3, not 2...which just makes me think I spend too much time on here :p

...lol, just lookin back and i remembered this post. i think we turned out alright :D