URMs: Post Bacc Programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WisePrincess227

F.R.O.G.
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Currently I have applied to USF-Masters of Medical Sciences and waiting to hear something on the 16th of April.

Anyone else in the same boat?

Other places:
LECOM
UMDNJ

(I am a southern girl, and would be grateful to stay here for my post-bac program.)

Members don't see this ad.

Depending upon why you need to go the postbaccalaureate route, there are a number of options available for you. There is a forum dedicated to Post Baccalureate programs here.

Here is a listing of Premedical post-baccalaureate Programs.

Here is the AAMC listing of Pre medical Postbaccalaureate programs

Barry University offers a program too.

http://www.barry.edu/bms

Another good idea is to look through a copy of the MSAR and the Minority Student Opportunities books from the AAMC. Most, but not all, medical schools have some sort of post baccalureate program.

You should speak with the Office of Multicultural/Diversity/Minority Affairs at whichever medical schools you are interested in applying to in the future and ask them for guidance on what would be best to help you with getting accepted to medical school.

Good Luck!!!!:luck:

Keep us abreast of how things are going for you.

Do you know if Hunter College premed program is good to apply to dental school?

Information is so limited!
:confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
I am doing my post bacc at UCLA...classes are pretty cheap here.
Like $400/class

I don't know about Hunter???? Try looking for threads on the Post Bac forums, but I know that New Jersery has a program for dental and I have heard a lot of postive information about it.... sorry I am not much help.

Hey wiseprincess227 or anyone else, since you have been looking at UMDNJ, you may try looking at Drexel's post-baccalaureate programs. Some are stronger than others. But there a 3 different ones.. IMS, MSP, and DPMS.
The good thing too, their deadline isn't up yet just fyi.

Hey wiseprincess227 or anyone else, since you have been looking at UMDNJ, you may try looking at Drexel's post-baccalaureate programs. Some are stronger than others. But there a 3 different ones.. IMS, MSP, and DPMS.
The good thing too, their deadline isn't up yet just fyi.

thanks for the pm...check your box

Although Hunter College is a city college, it has a reputable science program for a city instituiton. It is well known by the local dental/med schools.

However, do not underestimate the difficulty of the large science classes.