Urology>>>>Patho???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Caverject

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Mithridates said:
I think the urology forum needs to get a crazy moderator to spruce things up. Look at the pathology forum, they have like the most posts and their specialty is easy the most boring. It's because they have a moderator that tolerates and instigates weird ****. I would accept the urology moderator position if it were offered to me.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=168229

Is it true?

Members don't see this ad.

Haha. :laugh:

That thread looks like something that would be in the path forum! Imitation is the highest form of flattery. :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
Look at the pathology forum, they have like the most posts and their specialty is easy the most boring.

Pathology=looking at slides and dead people=FUN!

Urology=looking at wee-wees and sticking fingers up mens bums= NOT FUN!

How the heck are we the most boring?

Whatever that guy says. I freely admit to being boring. I don't think path is a boring specialty though - well perhaps it is for some. If you need constant stimulation and direction and gratification from people saying Oh thank you doctor you saved my life then it might not be for you.

Most boring specialties:

1) Rad Onc
2) Pediatrics
3) Cardiothoracic surgery
4) Vascular surgery
5) Dermatology

Boring is in the eye of the beholder.

I, for example, find the following things boring: Dave Matthews Band, the NBA, the beach, dance clubs, American Idol.

yaah has this thing about lists :)

Wow, Uro is only like the 3rd least-populated forum. Actually, the least populated bar none, if one doesn't count the PM&R and Emerg Journal Clubs.

Mithridates is supposed to be a dental student - since I cannot imagine going to dental school, boring is indeed a state of mind.

Well, uro is a new forum too, so you can't really judge it that way. I always like the argument that people make like "Oh in (field X) we are too busy to post" blah blah blah.

Really? Because I can generally go through most of the posts on this forum in like 5 minutes even if I only check every other day.

yaah said:
Well, uro is a new forum too, so you can't really judge it that way. I always like the argument that people make like "Oh in (field X) we are too busy to post" blah blah blah.

Really? Because I can generally go through most of the posts on this forum in like 5 minutes even if I only check every other day.
don't let it get to ya. just accept that some people are ******ed.

Members don't see this ad :)
yaah said:
Most boring specialties:

1) Rad Onc
2) Pediatrics
4) Vascular surgery
5) Dermatology

Rad onc is the second most exciting, behind path of course!! :p

Definitely agree with the rest of the list. I cannot imagine being a general pediatrician for my entire life. Three weeks has been more than enough.

My list of boring stuff would be, in no particular order:

(1) Geriatrics
(2) Geriatrics
(3) Geriatrics
(4) Geriatrics
(5) Geriatrics

AndyMilonakis said:
don't let it get to ya. just accept that some people are ******ed.
Oh man. Busted!! :laugh:

I guess my generalization that "pathology is the most boring" is pretty unfair. Just from my experience, I go to a dental school where the first two years are completely with the medical school curriculum. We had histology during our gross anatomy block, and I didn't enjoy it at all. But that's just me. You could easily rip on any profession or specialty - dentistry would be pretty easy to bash in that sense too. :p Not to kiss ass here, but I have a lot of respect for pathologists. From personal family experience, you could be some hot-shot oncology surgeon - but they'd be completely useless without a pathologist backing them up.

As for the moderator causing weird **** - I have observed this on multiple occasions. I've seen the moderator (is it yaah?) literally swearing at people like : **** you, eat **** and die!! :eek: Jokingly though.

I made that ******ed comment facetiously. Having met me in real person, yaah knows that I use the word "******ed" (in addition to many other terms which I shall not divulge here) quite liberally and jokingly. Oh well, it's not like you're the only one dissin' certain fields. Dude, everybody does it. A lot of us diss certain clinical medicine specialties, for example.

"**** you, eat **** and die!" That's quite a quote. In real life, he probably would just smirk and flip you off. For example, when I kick his ass in pool, he frequently resorts to this.

Yeah - the forums are a place for discussion of interesting topics as well as a diversion. I think it's always preferable if we can get along, and while we take our jobs and careers seriously, we don't always have to take ourselves completely seriously. I always enjoy a good burn - I got burned today by my girlfriend and then by her mother.

As far as histo - well, lots of people find histo boring. Many people who end up going into path find histo boring. Similar to some people who end up doing surgery hating anatomy. You never can quite tell what you are going to like until you get a little more hands on experience. I didn't find histo that thrilling, personally. I thought it was neat, and it took me a while to figure out the whole binocular vision thing, but it was kind of confusing and I wasn't always sure what I was looking at. But when I got to second year and we started looking at histopath, I was much more hooked - perhaps some of it was the teachers I had.

with that post, I dub thee yaah...king of ******s.

take a bow, sir!

Urology is exiciting only if this kind of thing floats your boat:

finger-point1.jpg

bananaface said:
How about this?: :horns:
That's gynecology. The shocker is a very important physical exam maneuver when dealing with endometriosis actually ...especially when you suspect implants in the rectovaginal pouch of Douglas (i.e., severe pain accompanies deep vaginal and/or anal penetration).

AndyMilonakis said:
That's gynecology. The shocker is a very important physical exam maneuver when dealing with endometriosis actually ...especially when you suspect implants in the rectovaginal pouch of Douglas (i.e., severe pain accompanies deep vaginal and/or anal penetration).
This gives all new meaning to the phrase "Let's play doctor." :laugh:

yaah said:
Whatever that guy says. I freely admit to being boring. I don't think path is a boring specialty though - well perhaps it is for some. If you need constant stimulation and direction and gratification from people saying Oh thank you doctor you saved my life then it might not be for you.

Most boring specialties:

1) Rad Onc
2) Pediatrics
4) Vascular surgery
5) Dermatology

This could be a fun game. My choices:
1) Pain medicine
2) Allergy
3) PM&R
4) Rad Onc
5) Family practice

Derm can't be that bad...i was at an appt the other day and the place was packed with very attractive, fashionable and fit overly self-conscious young perfectionist female patients. :love:

It's gotta be nice doing full skin screeing checks on them, at least way better than doing rectal exams on end stage liver disease patients or doing I and Ds on homeless diabetics. :laugh:

sacrament said:
This could be a fun game. My choices:
1) Pain medicine
2) Allergy
3) PM&R
4) Rad Onc
5) Family practice

Holy ****balls I forgot about Allergy. Damn, my list is now pretty much shot. Pain medicine is also boring but if you are a heartless bastard you can get some amusement out of the chronic drug seekers. IF you are a heartless bastard.

tsj said:
Derm can't be that bad...i was at an appt the other day and the place was packed with very attractive, fashionable and fit overly self-conscious young perfectionist female patients.

Yes it can. And by the way, these are the patients who the attending says "let's not have you come in on this one out of respect for her privacy" and then he finds something and has you come in then, only to find the one lesion on the lower back exquisitely draped so that you don't see much anyway.

^I'm talking about being the attending.

Nuthin' beats dermpath for sheer fun... A while back, we had a consult - no less, from a super-hotshot Hollywood dermatologist, one of those you'd find in all the rags. He sent a very interesting specimen - from his dog. Looked like a melanoma, so the tongue-sloshing hairball is probably now undergoing extensive treatment at a NIH-designated Comprehensive Veterinary Cancer Center...

yaah said:
Yeah - the forums are a place for discussion of interesting topics as well as a diversion. I think it's always preferable if we can get along, and while we take our jobs and careers seriously, we don't always have to take ourselves completely seriously. I always enjoy a good burn - I got burned today by my girlfriend and then by her mother.
No need to explain yourself my friend. I think you and all the regular posters on the pathology forum are hilarious. I believe pathology to be quite sucky in fact, yet still come here to check out all the funny banter between friends. My comment about you was made in admiration. :love:

Sincerely,
Mith

P.S. **** you.

:scared: :scared:

yaah is even funnier in person. many times, i find myself wondering how he didn't pursue a career in standup comedy. i mean he's like 10 times as funny as chris rock, richard pryor, and lewis black combined!

yaah, please grace us with your chicken joke.