Urology Programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

malsaint

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a third year medical student interested in urology.
Im in the middle half of my class w/ a 227step 1 w/ some research that i just stareted.
im looking for names programs that I would be the most competitive in.

Any one have have similar scores? where did you match?
What residency programs have traditionally been "less competitive"? Location is not an issue at this point.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I would first decide what kind of program you want: academic vs. clinical. Next, realize that there simply aren't that many urology programs so there aren't really any that are "less competitive." As a general statement, ppl matching in urology at some level just want to match, and will go wherever they can. Programs on the coasts tend to be more desirable and harder to match at. Assuming you attend a US allopathic school, I think you will match, but you will need to cast a very wide net (i.e. apply to alot of programs) given your USMLE score and class standing. Also, take Step 2 seriously, as a strong performance on that can really bolster your app, and may even overshadow your Step 1 score which is only adequate.