US Betrays Healthcare Workers in Coronavirus Disaster

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
This doesn’t even mention the fact that some MDs on the front line are working more, at much higher risk and some are being asked to take pay cuts.

I personally won’t bitch about the fact that I will lose some salary this year. Other than issues related to Covid testing my day to day is much slower and I am not risking infection as much as ED docs, hospitalist and ICU docs. I saw a quote from an ED doc In an article in the globe mentioning that he is being required to work more shifts / month and is losing salary.

Reactions: 1 users
Eric Topol is a propogandist for venture capital and major health care corporations. This piece of his is pure politiking and I hope nobody truly takes his opinions seriously.

Eric Topol. Isn't that the guy predicting pathology is toast due to AI?

How about... "The US Betrays Grocery Store Workers"

I think that major grocery stores could implement curb-side pick-up of groceries ONLY.

1. Customers shop online.
2. Pay online.
3. Pick-up groceries curb-side.

(The grocery store employees collect the items and then put them into grocery bags.)

This prevents customers from spreading germs within the grocery store.

A small service fee is added to the bill.

This could be done.

Reactions: 2 users

I think that major grocery stores could implement curb-side pick-up of groceries ONLY.

2. Pay online.

(The grocery store employees collect the items and then put them into grocery bags.)

This could be done.

peapod.com

2. Pay online.

This could be done.
I was about to write something like that as well. What about first responders, grocery workers, delivery workers, taxi drivers etc? I don't really understand the purpose of an article like that during this difficult time. Is the author trying to create some animosity between healthcare workers and everyone else?

Reactions: 1 user
TONS of doctors will either be given pay cuts or simply out of business at this point.

I dont expect all of us are getting out of this alive boys!

Only the strong shall survive.

But there is hope! You can now join California's rag tag army of minimum wage physicians and nurses to go out and serve the Greater Good:

You have all performed your duties perfectly and you have been awarded a bonus of 800 rubles.
I serve the Soviet Union.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user