A
Acheron
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This question is for current US citizens studying at an Australian Medical School.
What do you plan on doing immediately after you graduate?
I've been stuck with a tough decision for a while. I'd prefer to study in Australia over the US but I'm concerned about getting a residency in Australia after I graduate, I'd prefer to live there for a while and experience the country and culture before ultimately returning to the United States after 5-10 years of practicing in Australia. I hear it is going to be extremely hard for an international student to get a residency in a few years.
Also, I have a somewhat unrelated question. If I were to marry an Australian, while in med school, would I still be considered foreign when it came time for me to apply for a residency?
What do you plan on doing immediately after you graduate?
I've been stuck with a tough decision for a while. I'd prefer to study in Australia over the US but I'm concerned about getting a residency in Australia after I graduate, I'd prefer to live there for a while and experience the country and culture before ultimately returning to the United States after 5-10 years of practicing in Australia. I hear it is going to be extremely hard for an international student to get a residency in a few years.
Also, I have a somewhat unrelated question. If I were to marry an Australian, while in med school, would I still be considered foreign when it came time for me to apply for a residency?