US DAT OR Canadain DAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gpannu

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm confused about the DAT. I am canadian student and apparently I found out that u must write that (CAN) DAT in order to apply to U.S. dental schools. DOes the same rule apply for U.S. or is the Canadian DAT acceptable. In addition, THe DAT is only two time a year in Canada. In the us you can write the test whenever. IS that true.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, guys one more question. What is a F-1 or J visa...

You must write the Can Dat for Canadian schools and from other posts I've read it seems that you can use the Canadian Dat when applying to the US for almost all schools. You can't write the US and use it for Canada as far as I know because the Canadian one has soap carving where the US one doesn't.

The US Dat is on computer and can be written almost any day of the year. The Can Dat is only twice a year in Nov. and Feb.

dear friend,

F1 visa is for overseas students ..All FULL time students willing to study in USA, have to get F1 visa also called Student visa. Main requirements for getting this visa is ADmission letter from accredited US University, proof of finencial stability & intention of going back to home country after completion of studies.

J1 visa is the exchange visa issued for the students engaged in exchange agreements, often researchers etc