US dentist practicing abroad

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DentalArt

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, if I get my dds degree in United States, and decide I want to practice for a while in europe (specifically Switzerland). Does anyone know how I can make it work? Salary? Qualifications?
All help is highly appreciated! Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

I had a colleague who did Pedo in the US, originally she's from Venezuela incldg her DDS..............she said to practice in Spain, she just needed to do paper work.
I would keep in mind the taxes you have to pay........

You won't be able to practice in switzerland if your degree is from an american school. They only accept dentists in the EU for the most part for private practice. But you could get a job at the university if you were to qualify for a work permit. Dentistry in switzerland is very good, high quality. Lots of german dentists moving there now.

Yip, You can't work in Switzerland with the US degree :) You need an EU one and even if you have one you will need at least 2 years of work experience to be able to qualify for position. Also keep in mind, main language in Switzerland is German :) so you have to know it to be able to practice there. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.