US Health Professions-like scholarship for CIA/FBI?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kdburton

Ulnar Deviant
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know you have to committ to a specific branch of the service when you get the Health Professions Scholarship for medical school, but does anyone know if there is a similar program for medical officers in the FBI or CIA? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I know you have to committ to a specific branch of the service when you get the Health Professions Scholarship for medical school, but does anyone know if there is a similar program for medical officers in the FBI or CIA? Thanks

I don't know of one.

There is one. I could tell you more about it, but then I would have to kill you. :laugh:

As far as I know, there is no specific medical scholarship program for CIA or FBI, but they do hire board certified docs.

Members don't see this ad :)
^^ Agent Scully was a forensic pathologist/M.E.

There is one. I could tell you more about it, but then I would have to kill you. :laugh:

As far as I know, there is no specific medical scholarship program for CIA or FBI, but they do hire board certified docs.

In my four years at the Bureau, I did not meet a single physician. There may have been some buried deep in the bowels of the forensic laboratories, but almost all of the the forensic guys are NOT agents (CSI is a myth). To the best of my knowledge there aren't scholarships for agent positions. They have 100 applicants per job opening and don't need to offer incentive.

I have no information on "the Company".

Ed

Are there even doctors attached to the FBI?

Yes, both FBI and CIA have medical officer positions - but they are not agent positions. I'm not talking about being a Dr Skully, etc. As far as I know they are considered support/professional positions and your patients are employees of the CIA and FBI (i.e. not prisoners you're torturing haha). I know that in some cases they allow you to "transfer" some of your armed services commitment to agencies like the FBI and CIA, so I figured someone might know about scholarship opportunities there for medical students... guess not :eek:

so in other words you cant be a field agent and a physician?

This question came up before in a slightly different form. Yes, the CIA does employ physicians, mostly psychiatrists but some others as well. They are used both in clinical settings--mostly in No. VA--but I suppose wherever needed, and also as analysts. You can actually look up job opportunities with them on their website.

AFAIK, they hire only trained graduates and usually doctors with at least a few years experience, not people right out of training. I think the job is GS-scale and pays what other GS (14-15?) folks get.

In my four years at the Bureau, I did not meet a single physician. There may have been some buried deep in the bowels of the forensic laboratories, but almost all of the the forensic guys are NOT agents (CSI is a myth). To the best of my knowledge there aren't scholarships for agent positions. They have 100 applicants per job opening and don't need to offer incentive.

I have no information on "the Company".

Ed

Dude, I think I've seen you allude to being a lawyer AND you were in the FBI?!? Sincerely, I think that has got to make you one of the most interesting pediatricians out there:p

or just making up stuff. jk.