US MD for $320k or IMG for $100k?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The same could be said of DOs who want to compete with American grads, but rightly or wrongly, the perception of adcoms is that if you didn't get into MD, you went DO.
i know at least 1 person who got into both MD and DO... and chose DO :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
That's fine if it is a trend, but these generalizations don't apply to each and every person. To assume everything about a person before discussing their decisions denies them respect, autonomy and opportunities for which they may be otherwise outstanding candidates.
In our positions we are required to judge. This does not deny respect. It may reduce autonomy and opportunity depending on the choices made by the candidate.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I read about enough sadness as it is...

But we had some students rotating on the floors of the community hospital I moonlight at today from a "Where the f-ck is that University of the Carribbean" today thru this service... Jesus, the amount these kids are paying not including housing and travel all for the chance to be pondscum applicant in the match is just depressing to think about.

It really is depressing to think about

Go to a top 4 Caribbean med school as a strong student and chances are you'll be practicing as a physician somewhere in America. Some US MDs on here are a little too pessimistic about this topic.

Go to a top 4 Caribbean med school as a strong student and chances are you'll be practicing as a physician somewhere in America. Some US MDs on here are a little too pessimistic about this topic.

If you're a strong student, you go US MD or DO.

Reactions: 1 user
Yes, < 50% chances, assuming you make it through med school. Their attrition rates would get them shut down in the US.

Cue one of Carib grads to come in sputtering "but, but NRMP!".