US medical schools by the sea or by national park

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ghost08

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for an US medical school with the following criteria:

1. Either by the sea or by a beautiful national park like yellow stone.
2. Doesn't discriminate against out-of-state students

Please advise :D

Members don't see this ad.

UCLA
USC
Stanford
Vanderbilt (Smokey mts)
most of the northeast private schools are near the ocean too

Why by the sea?

Fishing? Surfing? Sailing?

Chicago schools are on lake Michigan. Boston would be good too. There are a lot of schools near a sea.

Members don't see this ad :)
I really like the Florida schools, but I think their out-of-state admissions rate is really low.
Why by the sea?

Fishing? Surfing? Sailing?
donno... but I want to have a good time at med school :) (if I get in)

I'm looking for an US medical school with the following criteria:

1. Either by the sea or by a beautiful national park like yellow stone.
2. Doesn't discriminate against out-of-state students

Please advise :D

That sounds like a perfect description of me.

In any case, Emory and Wake Forest are both a couple hours to the Smokies, University of Vermont is sitting on top of some nice mountains, Dartmouth is right next to the White Mountains of NH and the schools in Boston aren't too far either, University of Virginia is very close to Shenandoah Valley NP, as are med schools in Washington DC like G-town and George Washington and any others.

As for farther west, University of Colorado would probably be an amazing hiking area, though I'm not so sure about OOS admissions. I'm guessing OHSU in Portland is close to beautiful mountains and not too far from the ocean either.

Annnd that's all I got. But I have a national park obsession so I see where you're coming from.

jabsom in hawaii sounds like paradise to me. talk about mountains meeting the sea. sorry i'm currently away from my msar, so i'm not sure about oos student acceptance.

and hey you've only got to venture a couple of miles offshore to be in the land of prehistoric beasts. you'd have time to run out, catch a blue marlin and a fatty yellowfin or two, and be back in time for class :D

jabsom in hawaii sounds like paradise to me. talk about mountains meeting the sea. sorry i'm currently away from my msar, so i'm not sure about oos student acceptance.

and hey you've only got to venture a couple of miles offshore to be in the land of prehistoric beasts. you'd have time to run out, catch a blue marlin and a fatty yellowfin or two, and be back in time for class :D

dont apply to jabsom if you don't have ties to hawaii.