US Medical Schools List Help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

marssbarss

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! I am a Canadian student applying both DO and MD and currently trying to make a schools list for US MD schools. I have a 3.81 GPA and 510 MCAT. Can anyone give me insight on if this school list is good?

List:

Central Michigan

George Washington

Georgetown

Michigan State

New York Medical College

SUNY Upstate

Tulane

Colorado

Connecticut

Hawaii

Illinois

Utah

Virginia Commonwealth

Saint Louis University

Sidney Kimmel

Wayne State

Rutgers New Jersey

Maryland

Emory

Thanks for your help guys!

Members don't see this ad.

Connecticut, Rutgers, Utah, Hawaii accept very few non residents with your MCAT and no connection to the state. You could receive interviews at the other schools but with your MCAT of 510 you should apply to all DO schools that accept applications from Canadians.

Reactions: 1 user
From what I have heard SUNY upstate said international students need stats higher than their average to be competitive. SLU also likes high-stat students.

Also the OOS tuition at U Illinois is 120k per year and international/Canadians are generally not eligible for financial aid. Good luck

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Connecticut, Rutgers, Utah, Hawaii accept very few non residents with your MCAT and no connection to the state. You could receive interviews at the other schools but with your MCAT of 510 you should apply to all DO schools that accept applications from Canadians.

Thanks for the advice! Yeah you're right, they accept few Canadians

From what I have heard SUNY upstate said international students need scores higher than their average to be competitive. SLU also likes high-stat students.

Also the OOS tuition at U Illinois is 120w per year and international/Canadians are generally not eligible for financial aid. Good luck

Thanks for the insight, it helps me out!