WAMC US MD Schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

theoceanman

Reaction score
My friend is building a school list and would love some feedback on his school list for this upcoming cycle! He's just a third-year currently so he is on the traditional student pathway!

General Numerics:
  • MCAT: 514 (130/126/130/128)
  • cGPA: 3.85
  • sGPA: 3.80

Summary:
  • Florida resident
  • ORM but relies heavily on financial aid (parents disowned him)
  • Track and field intramural for four years in university, but ran it all throughout high school
  • 10 years of piano and has recorded a few Chopin songs on file
  • Volunteered in hospital by playing piano for elderly patients (150 hours and continuing currently)
  • 200 hours of shadowing in pediatrics, 100 hours in rheumatology, and 20 hours in general surgery
  • Chief scribe for 100 hours in allergy/rheumatology
  • 300+ hours of research + 1 published research paper + leader of undergraduate research lab team (continuing currently)
  • 300+ hours of volunteering at local hospital in emergency room and cardiology department (for underserved population in community; )
  • Published a book with rheumatologist regarding clinical diagnoses (took images and photos for the book)
  • 100 hours of volunteering at teaching English and culture immersion program at university (non-clinical)
  • Work part-time as a photographer throughout school for three years (currently still working)

If there's any more information you need about him, I'll be more than happy to ask him and provide it!

Members don't see this ad.

I suggest these schools for your friend:
Miami
USF Morsani
U Florida
Florida State
Central Florida
Florida Atlantic
Florida International
NOVA MD
Tulane
TCU
Creighton
St. Louis
Medical College Wisconsin
Western Michigan
Oakland Beaumont
Georgetown
George Washington
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Pittsburgh
Einstein
New York Medical College
Hackensack
Quinnipiac
Tufts

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
If his parents disowned him, he needs to be really smart about his debt. He seems to be athletic, and if he really wants to be self made, HPSP may really help.
I'll definitely screenshot all of this and send it to him. I think it's also a good option since he doesn't seem to mind what he does during or after residency!