US pudendal

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bedrock

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
can anyone recommend some good resources for learning US guided pudendal blocks?

Due to Covid, courses aren’t an option. I’m thinking books, particularly good videos, etc. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

My US skills are modest, if that makes a difference.

Members don't see this ad.

good for you for delving into this skill set

ligament can tell you

calling ligament?

Members don't see this ad :)
The fluoro option takes 90 sec

Instructions for fluoro guided block

The Atlas of Ultrasound-Guided Procedures in Interventional Pain Management by Narouze has 3 pages on US guided pudendal blocks and couple of US images too.

are we facebook friends? there are some great videos shared.

once you see the nerve between the sacrotuberous and sacrospinous ligaments your life will change. hypothetically if this is the most common entrapment site, hydrodissection between the ligaments in lieu of volume and periphery block would actually be therapeutic.

can anyone recommend some good resources for learning US guided pudendal blocks?

Due to Covid, courses aren’t an option. I’m thinking books, particularly good videos, etc. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

My US skills are modest, if that makes a difference.

Regional anesthesia guided by ultrasound in the pudendal nerve territory - This is a nice paper with good figures of anatomy and where to place the probe/etc
Feasibility of Real-Time Ultrasound for Pudendal Nerve Block in Patients with Chronic Perineal Pain | Regional Anesthesia & Pain Medicine - This has better U/S images but less probe positioning/anatomy/etc

- Quick U/S video

Reactions: 1 user

Instructions for fluoro guided block
1599735235247.png

This is exactly how I do it(pic from your source). Patient lies prone, oblique ipsilateral until you can see ischial spine, straight trajectory view and inject.

Reactions: 1 user
View attachment 318007

This is exactly how I do it(pic from your source). Patient lies prone, oblique ipsilateral until you can see ischial spine, straight trajectory view and inject.

Looks like you are smokin a doobie with a roach clip. Blowing smoke on the pudendal.

Reactions: 1 users
Touch down on ischial spine, can walk off edge a bit if you like, inject.

Would consider pulsing it but never have. Wouldn't burn it, pudendal nerve wayyyy too important. Responsible for urinary and fecal continence and genital sensation. Can't think of a quicker way to get a patient to hate you than screwing with those functions.

Touch down on ischial spine, can walk off edge a bit if you like, inject.

Would consider pulsing it but never have. Wouldn't burn it, pudendal nerve wayyyy too important. Responsible for urinary and fecal continence and genital sensation. Can't think of a quicker way to get a patient to hate you than screwing with those functions.

do you do bilateral?