US Rotations in ERAS Work Experience (location is NOT shown on my transcript)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cardiac Amyloidosis

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a Caribbean IMG who has done all of my rotations in the US. I just found out that my transcript does not show where I have completed them. Should I include this in my work experience? I could even leave out any descriptions to make it short since it is known what medical students do. This would strictly be to show where I have done my rotations.

I have US LORs and have a sentence in my personal statement about doing my rotations in the US, but is that good enough? I want programs in the cities I rotated in to know I did them there.

Need an answer ASAP if this is a good idea or not.

(I have found similar threads on here, but none in regards to if the applicant knowing that the locations are not on their transcript)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I wouldn't include rotations that you did in med school as part of your "Work experience". If you have LORs from US docs that you did a clinical rotation with, I imagine it will be assumed you at least did some of your rotations in the US. I think you're overthinking this.

That said, I'm an applicant, so really I have no idea.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.