USA San Marcos wait list

Started by wjs010
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

wjs010

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This is a response from when I asked why I was on the waitlist.

We waitlist a small group of candidates we feel have a chance of gaining admission after the first round of offers. We don’t rank the waitlist. Good luck.

Steve Jones
Director of Admissions
University of St. Augustine

Think there's a chance? He said "small" group of candidates. Anyone know how small? Thanks


Sent from my iPhone using SDN Mobile app I will accept any pt school at this point. I cannot sleep
 
I've been reading the boards for a while now and I've noticed a handful of people who were given offers that then turned them down for other school, so there still is a chance. I have two friends who went to this campus. One was rejected, reapplied, waitlisted then admitted and my other friend was waitlisted and got in the following semester. When I asked them about my application, they assured me the wait list is a good thing and if they don't get you in this semester, they will get you next semester. Good luck! I didn't even get wait listed, my application was held over for reconsideration next application period.
 
So I think that's better than wait listed? That's great. I've been looking at Texas schools and wow.. I'm seriously considering moving to Texas for a year and rejecting San Marcos if accepted. Still not sure yet though. Maybe I should attend first year at USA then transfer to another California school and get in state tuition. Lol not sure I can do that. Good luck getting into USA. I can tell you my crappy stats to relieve your nervousness


Sent from my iPhone using SDN Mobile app I will accept any pt school at this point. I cannot sleep
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Lol my stats are pretty crappy, I was frankly surprised that they didn't outright reject me! My GRE was barely a 299 and the only reason my GPA is any good is because most of my prereqs don't count towards my GPA since they are more than 5 years old. I would totally move for another school with cheaper tuition but I am tied to SD for the next 4 years because my husband is in the Navy and my kids are about to start high school. I'm not willing to take the risk in San Diego State not getting accredited so I'm not even applying there...you could say all my eggs are in USA's basket!
 
I just declined my USA san marcos DPT offer. That's 1 spot up for grabs! Good luck to all those on the waitlist! Don't lose hope.🙂
 
That's understandable. I wish I was a resident of a state with more schools. I forget the number but I think out state for USA is rediculous and almost not worth it. Mine 3.18 , 3 prereq and 1040 gre


Sent from my iPhone using SDN Mobile app I will accept any pt school at this point. I cannot sleep