USACS admins make 500K salaries

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alpinism

Give Em' the Jet Fuel
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So for all the USACS docs there's a medical director who's currently bragging online about his compensation including the fact that he takes luxury vacations every month and has an extensive collection of custom made rolex watches.

Reddit thread - https://www.reddit.com/r/Residency/comments/11rv4qg/to_all_the_em_attendings_out_there

Reddit thread - https://www.reddit.com/r/rolex/comments/b0if25/thought_i_would_join_the_trendwrists_and_rifles

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 1 user
He's been active on SDN before on various CMG thread discussions.

Edited. Probably too harsh of a comment.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
How can you take luxury vacations every month and buy custom rolexes on 500k??

Reactions: 1 users
Too bad WCI doesn’t post on here anymore

Reddit is opposite of SDN.

Everyone on reddit takes vacations every other month, has no debt, makes 4-600K, loves their job.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Reddit is opposite of SDN.

Everyone on reddit takes vacations every other month, has no debt, makes 4-600K, loves their job.

I mean where are these ER doctors that love their job. Most are just so burned out.

A surprisingly large number of ER doctors i know are all looking for side gigs with the intention of getting out early.

I mean where are these ER doctors that love their job. Most are just so burned out.

A surprisingly large number of ER doctors i know are all looking for side gigs with the intention of getting out early.

Say that on Reddit, and you're immediately labeled as a Nazi, or something.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was going to suggest you post your "Why EM is a dying specialty" thread, but here you are - bearing me to it.

Keep getting an error ‘something went wrong’ and can’t post it.

It might be because of all the links?

Attachments

• 1B69E307-7961-4CA1-9FD7-975DEECD8402.png
    1B69E307-7961-4CA1-9FD7-975DEECD8402.png
    301.9 KB · Views: 102
I dunno. Maybe.

Un-link the links and just copy/paste the hyperlink.
That post is seriously too good to not go viral.

Deleted all links. Still can’t post.

Feel free to post it if you want.

I dunno. Maybe.

Un-link the links and just copy/paste the hyperlink.
That post is seriously too good to not go viral.

Just posted the link to the thread since i failed at copy pasting 🤣🤣🤣

Edit: man what a toxic crowd reddit has. I just remembered why i don’t like Reddit 🤣

Last edited:
Just posted the link to the thread since i failed at copy pasting 🤣🤣🤣

Edit: man what a toxic crowd reddit has. I just remembered why i don’t like Reddit 🤣
I honestly don’t get how that Hippo-crates poster can just “not accept” a surplus. Do these idiots really have their head buried in the sand that much?

Also the medical student commenting…geez wtf.

Everyone posts the acep report is wrong but no one really says how

I honestly don’t get how that Hippo-crates poster can just “not accept” a surplus. Do these idiots really have their head buried in the sand that much?

Also the medical student commenting…geez wtf.

Everyone posts the acep report is wrong but no one really says how

Because some big people tweeted that it’s wrong and the rate of burn out was higher than expected.

Confirmation bias at its finest. Show me real data and I’ll change my mind. The only data I’ve seen essentially doesn’t look good

Holy crap

The delusional nature of those posters on r/EM is astounding

The math doesn’t lie

The facts don’t care about anyone’s feelings about EM

There are too many programs. Too many spots

And they keep opening more spots and new programs!

M o r o n s

Holy crap

The math doesn’t lie

M o r o n s

You sure I’m not just stupid, dumb, and can’t read and understand what i read? 🤣🤣🤣

I guess I’ll just keep being stupid elsewhere - like sdn. There I’m taking the med student’s advice.

• Haha
You sure I’m not just stupid, dumb, and can’t read and understand what i read? 🤣🤣🤣

I guess I’ll just keep being stupid elsewhere - like sdn. There I’m taking the med student’s advice.
For what it’s worth, I think your post was absolutely an excellent and spot on analysis of what’s happening. It should be required reading of any MS3. I’m thankful to have SDN where at least I can get my daily dose of reality instead of someone blowing sunshine and rainbows up my butt.

For what it’s worth, I think your post was absolutely an excellent and spot on analysis of what’s happening. It should be required reading of any MS3. I’m thankful to have SDN where at least I can get my daily dose of reality instead of someone blowing sunshine and rainbows up my butt.

Thank you for the kind words

I must be missing something when every single person on that thread is making 500k.

• Haha
Like many of patients in the ED

You can lead a horse to water…

Wait, you posted your thread there?
I don't see it.
Link?

Not sure why it says post was removed because i can still see it. Maybe i should just accept that i don’t really know how to use reddit lol

Well, you have two different audiences. SDG are pre med/docs who have high standards. Regular Reddit users are social media zombies who have entry level jobs and spends most of their times reading/reacting/responding to posts.

If you post that you make 400K and complain how hard the work is/bad job market, they will laugh you out of the thread b/c they are making 50k/yr.

Not sure why it says post was removed because i can still see it. Maybe i should just accept that i don’t really know how to use reddit lol

If you have a brand new account there, there may be some auto-filter which removes posts with a bunch of links as that is a higher likelyhood of being spam.

Alternatively, one of the EM subreddit mods may have simply nuked your post.

Holy crap

The math doesn’t lie

M o r o n s
This is what I can’t stand about a lot of other physician internet portals - FB Physician Community, Reddit etc - so much delusion and magical thinking, so disconnected from reality. SDN can be rough at times, but at least it’s realistic and people are honest.

If you have a brand new account there, there may be some auto-filter which removes posts with a bunch of links as that is a higher likelyhood of being spam.

Alternatively, one of the EM subreddit mods may have simply nuked your post.

Post was nuked. I eventually posted the link to the thread on SDN. It was on for about 4-5 hours. Had a few people calling me stupid, dumb. Every message of mine was down voted. And now the post is gone so probably a mod took it down.

It’s official - you guys are my favorite moderators.

Post was nuked. I eventually posted the link to the thread on SDN. It was on for about 4-5 hours. Had a few people calling me stupid, dumb. Every message of mine was down voted. And now the post is gone so probably a mod took it down.

Lol, I'll let @southerndoc know that our fan club is now up to 3 members (we count ourselves for tax purposes).

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
I mean what do you expect. Complain about making 400K will get you blasted even if you were scooping poop in 100 degree heat all day

People don't realize the amount of stuff we let fly on here that other sites wouldn't.

Wayne from Letterkenny would call those mods 10-ply soft.

• Haha
People don't realize the amount of stuff we let fly on here that other sites wouldn't.
I am sure you have found out that you can never make everyone happy. Been there, done that.

When I was director, docs felt overworked in the winter b/c volume went up and wanted to add a 6th shift. Ok, great, hired 2 docs.

Summer came, volume went down, salary went down. Docs complained they didn't have enough shifts/work.

Well guess what, we are not going to fire 2 docs. You asked for it, we warned you, gave it to you.

Reactions: 2 users

Holy smoke.
Reddit really is the land of the ostriched.

Because some big people tweeted that it’s wrong and the rate of burn out was higher than expected.

Confirmation bias at its finest. Show me real data and I’ll change my mind. The only data I’ve seen essentially doesn’t look good
Lmao their best argument for going into EM is that burnout is higher than projected

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
This is what I can’t stand about a lot of other physician internet portals - FB Physician Community, Reddit etc - so much delusion and magical thinking, so disconnected from reality. SDN can be rough at times, but at least it’s realistic and people are honest.

LMAO Yea this place is realistic - 100% doom and gloom. It seems that every thread degrades to how crappy ER is, politics, or how crappy ER is.

so da.m.n. frustrating they all have their heads in the sand

completely disrespected an attending EM Doc that lives and works in the real world

man you're getting killed over there.
Wow yeah. The reddit thread is basically just people saying "nope you're wrong" to cyanide, downvoting almost all of his responses to the point that they don't show up unless you manually open them, and then the whole thread was subsequently mod nuked for no discernible reason.

LMAO Yea this place is realistic - 100% doom and gloom. It seems that every thread degrades to how crappy ER is, politics, or how crappy ER is.

Nah, we all know docs whose work environment is OK. Maybe not the honeyed level of practice and income without bureaucracy of times past, but sustainable paychecks with a modicum of professional inconvenience. I would put my time at UT-Houston in academics and at KPNW in the category of good work environments. Work, but nothing soul-crushing or burnout-inducing (although, amusingly, at least two of my KPNW co-workers have moved to NZ).

I think the main issue we see around these parts (and, if you're on FB, in EM Docs) is the proliferation of Bad Jobs. This is felt more acutely in this economic environment where CoL is going up, interest rates are going up, and wages in other professional industries appear to be going up – while the sort of blue collar docs in general are experiencing stagnating income and degraded work environments. The role of profiteering in medicine by the UnitedHealths, HCAs, and the like is further salt into the wounds. Some of the issues are Real, and some of it is perception and attitude – and both are valid.

Reactions: 4 users

Wow, what's their motivation to keep you off of there?
Is it cuz it got down-voted? Of note - I don't know/use Reddit at all. Seems like it'd be an even bigger waste of my time than SDN!