Usc '08

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pkossak

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I had a question regarding applying to USC for entering class of fall '08. I am going through the ADEA Official Guide to Dental Schools, and on the USC page it says that they require the DAT not to be taken later than March 1st, 2007. Is this true, or a typo? I'd understand if that was a suggestion, but I don't see why it needs to be a requirement. I'd be kind of bummed, USC was definitely a school I wanted to apply to. I am taking the DAT about a month and a half after school gets out just cause I barely have enough time for my upper level biochem and physio courses as it is, so I need a bit of summer-time to study up.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guys, I had a question regarding applying to USC for entering class of fall '08. I am going through the ADEA Official Guide to Dental Schools, and on the USC page it says that they require the DAT not to be taken later than March 1st, 2007. Is this true, or a typo? I'd understand if that was a suggestion, but I don't see why it needs to be a requirement. I'd be kind of bummed, USC was definitely a school I wanted to apply to. I am taking the DAT about a month and a half after school gets out just cause I barely have enough time for my upper level biochem and physio courses as it is, so I need a bit of summer-time to study up.

I would not consider USC if you want a good clinical background. PM me for details.

You are probably looking at the 2005-2006 version for the 2007 cycle...the one for the 2008 cycle hasn't come out yet...

chances are for the 2008 cycle, they will say not to take it past march 31st, 2008. USC typically interviews and accepts late in the cycle, so that would explain the late deadline in the cycle.

Members don't see this ad :)
I would not consider USC if you want a good clinical background. PM me for details.

This is the concerning post of the thread. With all the abuse USC has taken recently on this board, I have seen most USC backers use its "good clinical" program as support for the school.

You are probably looking at the 2005-2006 version for the 2007 cycle...the one for the 2008 cycle hasn't come out yet...

chances are for the 2008 cycle, they will say not to take it past march 31st, 2008. USC typically interviews and accepts late in the cycle, so that would explain the late deadline in the cycle.

I am looking at the 2007 Official Guide to Dental Schools, for students entering in fall 2008. It says "DAT: Mandatatory; must be taken no later than March 1, 2007; suggested test date is October 2006."

I am hoping that is a typo, and that both dates are a year behind what they meant to print.