USC Applicants, Students, Graduates

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a little confused about the Course Equivalencies.

When I go to USC's site, they say they need Biology 210 and 211 which is an anatomy/physiology course at my university, but at my university Biology 200 and 201 is the "General Biology" course USC is describing. :confused:

I would like to know what you guys took.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys I got a call today from USC they told me that I was accepted into the program and will be getting my admission packet on Monday. I was going to Western but now have decided to go to USC instead. Is there anything I should know? This is so late in the game I am really nervous.

congrats redrose, do you know what number you were on the waitlist?

Rose, do you happen to know if they actually go by numbers? I'm 32/80....i guess me must be out of luck or something

I was ~38/80 but I think that changes as you send in your transcripts. I took 2 classes in the spring quarter and they just received my grades. Neither of those classes were actually a reqirement for USC though.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys I got a call today from USC they told me that I was accepted into the program and will be getting my admission packet on Monday. I was going to Western but now have decided to go to USC instead. Is there anything I should know? This is so late in the game I am really nervous.

Hey congrats redrose, nice to have you joining our class. I can't wait to meet everyone as well. I got in to shortly after they recieved my transcripts. so to all other waitlisters it would be a good idea to send in your final transcipts as soon as possible, if you haven't already. Congrats again redrose.

I'm a little confused about the Course Equivalencies.

When I go to USC's site, they say they need Biology 210 and 211 which is an anatomy/physiology course at my university, but at my university Biology 200 and 201 is the "General Biology" course USC is describing. :confused:

I would like to know what you guys took.

They will need both. I took BIO 250/251 (Anat/Physio) and BIO 130/131 (General Bio)

download the medical forms from the usc website. I don't have the web address on me but I can find it if you need it. The forms that verify your immunity, negative TB test, physical exam etc. You'll need those for the externships 1 semester based on what I understand. Get your parking permit if you plan on parking on campus. They should be emailing or perhaps they'll get your info over the phone regarding your coat size and name pronunciation for the white coat ceremony. That's about all I can think of right now.

Hi,
I was also finishing up my part 1 section of the application. I moved onto the recommendation section where I added 2 recommenders, but I could only download the LOR "Transmittal Forms," which does not have any questions like the Pharmcas or Western LOR forms do... :confused:

Also as for the transmittal forms there are like spaces for 3 separate recommenders... should I just cut that sheet I printed out into 3 sections??

BTW: I'm doing the LORs by snail mail, not online.

Thanks.

Hi,
I was also finishing up my part 1 section of the application. I moved onto the recommendation section where I added 2 recommenders, but I could only download the LOR "Transmittal Forms," which does not have any questions like the Pharmcas or Western LOR forms do... :confused:

Also as for the transmittal forms there are like spaces for 3 separate recommenders... should I just cut that sheet I printed out into 3 sections??

BTW: I'm doing the LORs by snail mail, not online.

Thanks.

Please don't double post. I'll address this in the USC lors thread where you've already posted this question.

Hey guys,
Anyone know what we have to do to get our intern licence? Did the admissions office mail any info about that?
Thanks!

Hey guys,
Anyone know what we have to do to get our intern licence? Did the admissions office mail any info about that?
Thanks!

If I remember correctly, all of the intern stuff will be done during orientation (ugh, which is in 4 days - where did my summer vacation go!), so not to worry.

If I remember correctly, all of the intern stuff will be done during orientation (ugh, which is in 4 days - where did my summer vacation go!), so not to worry.

Thanks!

is it peculiar that i turned in my USC supplemental application (both grad and pharmD) on 8/06 yet i haven't heard ANYTHING yet?
edit: do they send out application completion confirmations or do they just send out a letter if they grant an interview?

is it peculiar that i turned in my USC supplemental application (both grad and pharmD) on 8/06 yet i haven't heard ANYTHING yet?
edit: do they send out application completion confirmations or do they just send out a letter if they grant an interview?

Yes, they do. I submitted my Pharmcas on Aug 21st and my supplemental on Aug 19th. I just received an email saying that my application is complete and to use my file number (included in the email) to contact them in the future. You can email them too. They weren't too quick but very nice!

Good luck!

ugh...chances are my transcripts got lost in the mail or something...it's probably going to affect my processing date...i'll be a month later than i was supposed to be...

thanks for the info smallkitty

ugh...chances are my transcripts got lost in the mail or something...it's probably going to affect my processing date...i'll be a month later than i was supposed to be...

thanks for the info smallkitty

If that's your concern, just call and ask. They've been pretty good about answering questions.

yeah i called and asked someone...she was very polite!

i misread smallkitty00's post...i also got that same email a long time ago i just forgot about it

oh by the way they're starting to evaluate applications this week

Status
Not open for further replies.