USC Biochem requirement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

An Yong

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
How strict is USC on the biochem requirement? Would they be willing to substitute in a second semester of organic, or perhaps an online biochem course?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

now don't quote me on this, but i'm pretty sure that usc will accept anything that had a good amount of biochem or molecular/cell biology. i would think that they would accept an online course. if worse comes to worst, you could always take a biochem class the summer before your first year of med school. remember, almost all med school requirements are required for matriculation, not application or acceptance. that is, if you get into usc and if you go there and if your biochem class doesn't count, you just have to get a class in before you start classes in august.

hope this helps :)

When I got in, they told me my class would count, but I went ahead and got the Nobel prize in bio chem any way

HMS 2008
Camel spitter :eek:

Members don't see this ad :)
DEMO12345 said:
When I got in, they told me my class would count, but I went ahead and got the Nobel prize in bio chem any way

HMS 2008
Camel spitter :eek:

What are u talking about?

NRAI2001 said:
What are u talking about?
He's just trolling.... Without even trying to hide the fact.
Look at his recent posts if you have to.

It's funny. When I was at UCLA, I used to TA the summer school biochem class. Guess who was always in the class. MS 0 for USC.

Anyways, they are not strict about it, but if you want to do well on the boards, you should take it. My roommate is one of those who never took biochem, and he had to kill so much time studying for the boards on it.

I would say, buy Lippencotts Biochem and read through it right now. two years from now you will thank yourself for doing it.