This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

toothfairyz

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I have recently been accepted into both USC and UOP for their DDS programs and I like each one for different reasons.

The cost comes out to about the same for me and I have places of living taken care of at both. I'm torn on making a decision and was wondering what everyone's input is. The whole 3 vs 4 years doesn't make too much of a difference for me. I think I could handle a 3 year program but I also wouldn't mind doing the traditional and less condensed 4 years. Research isn't really a factor on my list either and I'm not quite sure if I want to specialize (but most likely no). Both have reputable clinical programs/alumni networking but different teaching styles. What are your guys' thoughts or pros/cons to each school?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone. I have recently been accepted into both USC and UOP for their DDS programs and I like each one for different reasons.

The cost comes out to about the same for me and I have places of living taken care of at both. I'm torn on making a decision and was wondering what everyone's input is. The whole 3 vs 4 years doesn't make too much of a difference for me. I think I could handle a 3 year program but I also wouldn't mind doing the traditional and less condensed 4 years. Research isn't really a factor on my list either and I'm not quite sure if I want to specialize (but most likely no). Both have reputable clinical programs/alumni networking but different teaching styles. What are your guys' thoughts or pros/cons to each school?
UOP because you'll have 1 less year of dental interest accruing, plus you can start making money 1 year quicker. Also, USC is PBL which many people dislike.

Reactions: 1 users
UOP because you'll have 1 less year of dental interest accruing, plus you can start making money 1 year quicker. Also, USC is PBL which many people dislike.
agree completely
plus living in watts vs living in SF...