USC Herman Ostrow Interviews /Bench exam

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tontochico

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So hopefully this week USC should send out their interviews! Last one from california... Any person has any news regarding the date?

Members don't see this ad.

So hopefully this week USC should send out their interviews! Last one from california... Any person has any news regarding the date?

not yet... i am waiting too.... this week they will come up with something...

Members don't see this ad :)
Received interview invitation for oct 27,28..

Can you plz share your stats so that we get an idea of what usc is looking for?

Thank you girija. All the best for your interview. May I ask you your US experience, Dental Practice and research experience?

1 yr clinical exp from home country and 4 months of shadowing in us

Members don't see this ad :)
Please let me know what time you guys got the email and also do they send out more invites later?
Congratulations to evryone who received invites.

same ques...do dey jus send in 1 shot...??

it was d only n last hope frm cali schools.......:(..........

i jus called dem n he said fr now...dey hav send to every1 in 1 shot.....but if som1 dont except dre offer...dey will notify d ppl in waiting list......via email!!!!!.......... fr me its all don fr cali......i must say had a BAD sept..........neways goodluck to every1 who invited...:)

My Toefl score is 96 maybe that's why I didn't get the invite. :(

I heard that people who sent in ECE still got an interview. What a waste of my money to get WES made. WTF.

nooooo...your conclusion does not make sense here...because I have 115 toefl score and i still did not receive iv.....so don't lose hope.....:)

My Toefl score is 96 maybe that's why I didn't get the invite. :(

nooooo...your conclusion does not make sense here...because I have 115 toefl score and i still did not receive iv.....so don't lose hope.....:)

hi Santu5, i don't believe that you have 115 toefl and you still dint get an interview 'cause i strongly believe that if you have strong toefl they definitely consider you... what is your stats can you please share it?

Same here my friend! This month was one of the worst for me! I hope we will get some good news on coming months.

any one need any kind of instruments, PM me. I have all from a small bur, carver, typodont, teeth, hand piece, wax block any thing you need for bench exam

I can't believe I haven't received an invite yet! I did three months of research at USC and 9 months of shadowing at a dental clinic in the US. I'm exempt from toefl since I was born and raised here and my native language is english. Gpa 3.38 nbde part 1 pass

i jus called dem n he said fr now...dey hav send to every1 in 1 shot.....but if som1 dont except dre offer...dey will notify d ppl in waiting list......via email!!!!!.......... fr me its all don fr cali......i must say had a BAD sept..........neways goodluck to every1 who invited...:)

same here...had all my hopes pinned on this one... its a total reject from all 4 schools of california :(...can't even dream of being considered by BU or Upenn if california had rejected

for all those who got the invitations...what is the last date for confirmation /accpetance of the invitation?

Yea it was sad, I think it's my Toefl or perhaps my destiny has better plans. My toefl 96, My gpa 3.84 two years work experience in my home country as a lecturer/ demonstrator. 2 years experience as a general dentist. 3 research presentations. Several CE course 7 months observership in California and 3 months observership with another dentist in California. 3 months internship in ucla. Nbde part 1 pass. Maybe m
On a waiting list.

They sent the invites this evening for the 27 and 28 of Oct. Fortunately got an invite.. Does anyone know good classes for bench test prep in bay area?

anybody got emal wt they will ask in exam ? is it same as last year or different?pls reply

same here...had all my hopes pinned on this one... its a total reject from all 4 schools of california :(...can't even dream of being considered by BU or Upenn if california had rejected

hi Tontochico,
don't be disappointed... u ll get admitted this year... don't loose hope... every school has different criteria... u never know....

I have a gpa of 3.84, Toefl of 111, NBDE part 1 pass score and got rejected from all 4 california schools. Just one interview from Buffalo, New York!!! What are they looking for can anyone help????

it's alright man, I think tom they will send another shot.. because definitely you should be invited.. gdluck

Thanks, lets hope for the best. God has a plan for all of us!

I have a gpa of 3.84, Toefl of 111, NBDE part 1 pass score and got rejected from all 4 california schools. Just one interview from Buffalo, New York!!! What are they looking for can anyone help????

Make sure your personal statement and letters of recommendation are strong. Any type of work experience would be very helpful. Volunteering, research, masters program or publishing preferably in the U.S.

hi Tontochico,
don't be disappointed... u ll get admitted this year... don't loose hope... every school has different criteria... u never know....

thanx for the kind words

it's alright man, I think tom they will send another shot.. because definitely you should be invited.. gdluck

I Spoke to sandybeth from UCLA ..they sent out exactly 100 invitations and will send out more on oct 3rd depending on how many people decline/ dnt pay bench exam fee.
USC will follow the same thing oct 10th onwards
and ALL california colleges and boston want "US Experience OR ...MPH/MHA" dats for sure

dont know about that...but they are definitely going to send some more..confrimed with ms. sandybeth munoz...may be just a few more ...

ya, maybe USC will do the same.. hopefully! tomorrow is not far!

yes but I find one thing strange...USC ..definitely send's out max interview invitations like approx 130-150 (much more than ucla, ucsf, uop) yet..there are fewer ppl posting about usc iv's ...like hardly 4-5 here...(strange if they sent out all iv;s yesterday)

Hey fortunately got a call from USC today for 27th n 28th Oct......Anyone From India to share accomodation ..Any plans to take some bench preparation course letme know... But l m not taking Duggans for sure....Can anyone tell me from where can i get UCLA or UOP bench preparation mauals(textbook)? need them urgent....

truly, no way left other than keeping trust on god and our self....haven't got any iv from anywhere

Last edited:
Is there anyone who does have any information about the practical exam at USC?
Please come forward and share your interview and practical exam experience.

Is there anyone who does have any information about the practical exam at USC?
Please come forward and share your interview and practical exam experience.

Same question... please any senior member share your experience

Is anyone fr sfo going for interview at usc on oct 27&28? Would u like to meet up? Or share expenses eg. Hotel, car?

Hi. I got an interview call from USC. Does anyone know if there is going to be any written exam during the interview process? That would be of great help