USC Herman Ostrow Interviews /Bench exam

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Hi BTO

can u pls let me know wher to get all these instruments with same specifications if we dont want to rent them...
thanks

Well, I bought some of them through ebay and some from dental supply stores! But keep in mind the shipping time as it takes 2-3 weeks!!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
thanks...can u give the link for getting burs and other instruments

I bought the burs and hand cutting instruments from a dental supply store! Look for one close to where u live and go check it out. Sometimes they give free samples of burs.
 
The person at USC said that there is a 5-holes turbine output, but 4-holes hand piece will fit.
 
I got acceptance at UIC last week. I am declining USC interview, so there is one more seat for those in the alternate list. Good luck for all of you.
 
hi , need ur help regarding bench exam of USC. Can u pls tell me what all material they will provide us for exam
thanx
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all

I hav a MIDWEST quiet air hand piece with 4 holes and dentex M-series 4 holes can i use them for usc iv..
pls somebody suggest...
thanks
 
Hi
for those of you who are looking for instruments for bench test u can order it from the usc store...jus fill out the number of instruments u need in the form sent by the school and fax it to thm...ph/fax number are on the top of the list..they are shipping it to u for extra charge hopefully within 5 days...as far as i noticed its 1 or 2 $ less compared to other site..
hope this helps someone
 
If anybody has used USC ASPID bench exam FPD and Operative instruments kit, plzz PM me.

Thanks.
 
california colleges are still giving iv. besides pacific uni. any other california college gave rejection to anyone? if no then still can expect iv if someone decline. anyone got waitlisted email from any university?
 
I have white wax block for carving.I bought for preparation but I am not coming for Iv.If you intrested ,pm me.
 
To the applicants that are going to rent instruments for USC bench test:

I sent an e-mail to Chris Williams asking him about the Typodont and he said that the typodont, carving wax and carving knife are Not included in the rental equipment. Please be sure to get them for the test. Good luck to everybody.
Please, if somebody knows about a reliable hotel around USC, let me know. Thank you.:luck:
 
To the applicants that are going to rent instruments for USC bench test:

I sent an e-mail to Chris Williams asking him about the Typodont and he said that the typodont, carving wax and carving knife are Not included in the rental equipment. Please be sure to get them for the test. Good luck to everybody.
Please, if somebody knows about a reliable hotel around USC, let me know. Thank you.:luck:


I don't recommend that u stay at a hotel around USC campus as it is not a very safe area!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you for your advice guys.
Do you know is Santa Monica or Burbank are better areas to get an Hotel, or what areas are safety enough, and not too far from the School.
Thanks again
 
Thank you for your advice guys.
Do you know is Santa Monica or Burbank are better areas to get an Hotel, or what areas are safety enough, and not too far from the School.
Thanks again

Santa Monica is a very safe and nice area and close to the beach but Hotels might be a bit expensive! Even west LA is fine but stay away from the Campus.
 
Guys! Does any of you know the schedule for Saturday Oct 27th at USC? I haven't received anything with regards to that? The only email I got had 5 files for the ( exam fees, directions, rules, and equipments list) Did u guys receive anything else?? I called the school several times and couldn't get answers for my questions. Do we have to wear formal clothes? What time should we check in on Saturday? Do we have to bring the equipments on both days or only on Sunday??

Thanks
 
Are the burs and instruments (chisel, hatchet, gmt, etc.) included in the rental equipment?
 
Guys! Does any of you know the schedule for Saturday Oct 27th at USC? I haven't received anything with regards to that? The only email I got had 5 files for the ( exam fees, directions, rules, and equipments list) Did u guys receive anything else?? I called the school several times and couldn't get answers for my questions. Do we have to wear formal clothes? What time should we check in on Saturday? Do we have to bring the equipments on both days or only on Sunday??

Thanks

Anybody!!!!!!!
 
Is it a formal interview or a group discussion this time? How are y'all practicing for the bench exam? Which brand handpiece is good for exam? Did anyone buy dentoform, wax blocks, a set of instruments online or made reservations to rent the equipment? For wax carving, do we have to carve with base or without base? Do we have to mount the dentoform in manekin or hold it in hand?

If anyone has USED columbia dentoform and instruments, plz PM me.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is it a formal interview or a group discussion this time? How are y'all practicing for the bench exam? Which brand handpiece is good for exam? Did anyone buy dentoform, wax blocks, a set of instruments online or made reservations to rent the equipment? For wax carving, do we have to carve with base or without base? Do we have to mount the dentoform in manekin or hold it in hand?

If anyone has USED columbia dentoform and instruments, plz PM me.


Anybody!!!!!!
 
Hi guys does anyone know if we will prep on on our typodont on a table or we will mount it inside the mannequin's head?