USC Herman Ostrow Interviews /Bench exam

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thank you BTO, you are so nice,if you have got the Interview,My good wishes are with you,hope things become easy for you.

Ur welcome smile design :) and best of luck to u too :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

Ur welcome smile design :) and best of luck to u too :thumbup:

Hi BTO

can u pls let me know wher to get all these instruments with same specifications if we dont want to rent them...
thanks

Hi BTO

can u pls let me know wher to get all these instruments with same specifications if we dont want to rent them...
thanks

Well, I bought some of them through ebay and some from dental supply stores! But keep in mind the shipping time as it takes 2-3 weeks!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, I bought some of them through ebay and some from dental supply stores! But keep in mind the shipping time as it takes 2-3 weeks!!

thanks...can u give the link for getting burs and other instruments

thanks...can u give the link for getting burs and other instruments

I bought the burs and hand cutting instruments from a dental supply store! Look for one close to where u live and go check it out. Sometimes they give free samples of burs.

Hi BTO, i have 4 hole hand piece (NSK) so can i use that at USC without any problem?
thanks in advance

The person at USC said that there is a 5-holes turbine output, but 4-holes hand piece will fit.

Please, if anyone has USC prep guide, share with us.

The person at USC said that there is a 5-holes turbine output, but 4-holes hand piece will fit.

thank you very much Hatico... so who did you ask at USC? should i buy 5 holes hand piece or its ok with 4 holes?

Please, if anyone has USC prep guide, share with us.

i think they did not give any prep guide they just sent an email about instruments list and exam cost... is there any prep guide??

I got acceptance at UIC last week. I am declining USC interview, so there is one more seat for those in the alternate list. Good luck for all of you.

I got acceptance at UIC last week. I am declining USC interview, so there is one more seat for those in the alternate list. Good luck for all of you.

congratulaton can u tell ur states?

Members don't see this ad :)
hi , need ur help regarding bench exam of USC. Can u pls tell me what all material they will provide us for exam
thanx

Can any 1 tell me what all instruments we need to buy for usc bench exam?

And from where we can buy? Or we should rent it from usc book store? Pls help

Hi all

I hav a MIDWEST quiet air hand piece with 4 holes and dentex M-series 4 holes can i use them for usc iv..
pls somebody suggest...
thanks

did they send out any invitations after the 1st group? ...after some people declined thier interviews?

Hi
for those of you who are looking for instruments for bench test u can order it from the usc store...jus fill out the number of instruments u need in the form sent by the school and fax it to thm...ph/fax number are on the top of the list..they are shipping it to u for extra charge hopefully within 5 days...as far as i noticed its 1 or 2 $ less compared to other site..
hope this helps someone

For those whose checks for the bench exam were cashed: did you receive USC's manual?

You can use your own burs. I can't remember anyone checking which burs or instruments I'm using during my exam.

got IV today but declined it.So good luck to the next waitlsted candidate.

If anybody has used USC ASPID bench exam FPD and Operative instruments kit, plzz PM me.

Thanks.

california colleges are still giving iv. besides pacific uni. any other california college gave rejection to anyone? if no then still can expect iv if someone decline. anyone got waitlisted email from any university?

I have white wax block for carving.I bought for preparation but I am not coming for Iv.If you intrested ,pm me.

To the applicants that are going to rent instruments for USC bench test:

I sent an e-mail to Chris Williams asking him about the Typodont and he said that the typodont, carving wax and carving knife are Not included in the rental equipment. Please be sure to get them for the test. Good luck to everybody.
Please, if somebody knows about a reliable hotel around USC, let me know. Thank you.:luck:

To the applicants that are going to rent instruments for USC bench test:

I sent an e-mail to Chris Williams asking him about the Typodont and he said that the typodont, carving wax and carving knife are Not included in the rental equipment. Please be sure to get them for the test. Good luck to everybody.
Please, if somebody knows about a reliable hotel around USC, let me know. Thank you.:luck:

I don't recommend that u stay at a hotel around USC campus as it is not a very safe area!

Thank you for your advice guys.
Do you know is Santa Monica or Burbank are better areas to get an Hotel, or what areas are safety enough, and not too far from the School.
Thanks again

Thank you for your advice guys.
Do you know is Santa Monica or Burbank are better areas to get an Hotel, or what areas are safety enough, and not too far from the School.
Thanks again

Santa Monica is a very safe and nice area and close to the beach but Hotels might be a bit expensive! Even west LA is fine but stay away from the Campus.

If anybody has used typodont, carving wax blocks and carving knife, plz PM me.

Thanks

Guys! Does any of you know the schedule for Saturday Oct 27th at USC? I haven't received anything with regards to that? The only email I got had 5 files for the ( exam fees, directions, rules, and equipments list) Did u guys receive anything else?? I called the school several times and couldn't get answers for my questions. Do we have to wear formal clothes? What time should we check in on Saturday? Do we have to bring the equipments on both days or only on Sunday??

Thanks

Are the burs and instruments (chisel, hatchet, gmt, etc.) included in the rental equipment?

Which dental supplier/website has columbia typodont and carving wax blocks available?

Guys! Does any of you know the schedule for Saturday Oct 27th at USC? I haven't received anything with regards to that? The only email I got had 5 files for the ( exam fees, directions, rules, and equipments list) Did u guys receive anything else?? I called the school several times and couldn't get answers for my questions. Do we have to wear formal clothes? What time should we check in on Saturday? Do we have to bring the equipments on both days or only on Sunday??

Thanks

Anybody!!!!!!!

I am a female from India. Any one interested in sharing the accommodation, please PM me.

Is it a formal interview or a group discussion this time? How are y'all practicing for the bench exam? Which brand handpiece is good for exam? Did anyone buy dentoform, wax blocks, a set of instruments online or made reservations to rent the equipment? For wax carving, do we have to carve with base or without base? Do we have to mount the dentoform in manekin or hold it in hand?

If anyone has USED columbia dentoform and instruments, plz PM me.

Finallyyyyyyyyyyy found a partener....

Last edited:
Is it a formal interview or a group discussion this time? How are y'all practicing for the bench exam? Which brand handpiece is good for exam? Did anyone buy dentoform, wax blocks, a set of instruments online or made reservations to rent the equipment? For wax carving, do we have to carve with base or without base? Do we have to mount the dentoform in manekin or hold it in hand?

If anyone has USED columbia dentoform and instruments, plz PM me.

Anybody!!!!!!

Hi guys does anyone know if we will prep on on our typodont on a table or we will mount it inside the mannequin's head?

My jobs done....accepted finally:xf:

Last edited: