You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
USC Herman Ostrow Interviews /Bench exam
Started by Tontochico
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
even i wanted to knoe like..
even i wanted to knoe like..
32 seats -- approx 150 interviews...if anyone declines more invitations will be sent out
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ya tanmay i am going ..i got an iv.. u from?
Hello I'm ASPID 14 🙂
Here is my experience -
Last year we were about 150 in the interview and 34 were accepted.
On the 2nd day
My exam consisted of two preps - PFM #9 and CVC #30. Also we had wax carving #9.
The 1st day was a PBL session, were they see how you interact with others and if you know to speak good English. There isn't any personal interview.
If anyone needs any help let me know. Good luck to all.
Here is my experience -
Last year we were about 150 in the interview and 34 were accepted.
On the 2nd day
My exam consisted of two preps - PFM #9 and CVC #30. Also we had wax carving #9.
The 1st day was a PBL session, were they see how you interact with others and if you know to speak good English. There isn't any personal interview.
If anyone needs any help let me know. Good luck to all.
Thank you for the information. Can anyone plz let me know what is CVC?.....ThanksHello I'm ASPID 14 🙂
Here is my experience -
Last year we were about 150 in the interview and 34 were accepted.
On the 2nd day
My exam consisted of two preps - PFM #9 and CVC #30. Also we had wax carving #9.
The 1st day was a PBL session, were they see how you interact with others and if you know to speak good English. There isn't any personal interview.
If anyone needs any help let me know. Good luck to all.
CVC - comp veneered crown - Gold crown
.
Last edited:
Hello I'm ASPID 14 🙂
Here is my experience -
Last year we were about 150 in the interview and 34 were accepted.
On the 2nd day
My exam consisted of two preps - PFM #9 and CVC #30. Also we had wax carving #9.
The 1st day was a PBL session, were they see how you interact with others and if you know to speak good English. There isn't any personal interview.
If anyone needs any help let me know. Good luck to all.
Thanks for sharing ur experience foxydentsit. Could u plz tell us more about the wax carving thing!! Do they give a drawing of the tooth they want us to carve? Or Do we have to draw it ourselves and carve it? I don't get this part of the exam!!
And about the PBL session! Could u plz tell us more about it. Is it like a case that we have to discuss and give a diagnosis and a TX plan!
Thanks 🙂
Last edited:
The PBL is a very general case has nothing to do with dentistry. They just want to see how you will interact w each other. Regarding the wax carving the gave us a copy of their wax carving manual of the tooth we r suppose to carve
It was an upper central. It's easy as long as its smooth and looks like a tooth. Idk if this year they will get you any craving depends on the list of materials required for you to get.
Good luck
It was an upper central. It's easy as long as its smooth and looks like a tooth. Idk if this year they will get you any craving depends on the list of materials required for you to get.
Good luck
The PBL is a very general case has nothing to do with dentistry. They just want to see how you will interact w each other. Regarding the wax carving the gave us a copy of their wax carving manual of the tooth we r suppose to carve
It was an upper central. It's easy as long as its smooth and looks like a tooth. Idk if this year they will get you any craving depends on the list of materials required for you to get.
Good luck
Thanks 🙂
The PBL is a very general case has nothing to do with dentistry. They just want to see how you will interact w each other. Regarding the wax carving the gave us a copy of their wax carving manual of the tooth we r suppose to carve
It was an upper central. It's easy as long as its smooth and looks like a tooth. Idk if this year they will get you any craving depends on the list of materials required for you to get.
Good luck
Hello foxydentist... Thank you for helping us here.. Can you please tell us what are the subjects we need to brush up??? Another question is from where can we practice for wax exercises ???
Hi,Is anyone fr sfo going for interview at usc on oct 27&28? Would u like to meet up? Or share expenses eg. Hotel, car?
I am in SF. I maybe drive to LA on Oct. 26. for the interview on 27th and 28th.
Hello who is in LA I'm planning to do a review session to show all the preps, instruments, waxing blocks USC way. If you are interested let me know so I can arrange it. I can only do one session because I got midterms coming soon.
I can answer all your questions regarding USC and the bench exam. I can also see your preps and guide you. Let me know. Thanks
I can answer all your questions regarding USC and the bench exam. I can also see your preps and guide you. Let me know. Thanks
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hi foxydentist thanks for help but do they allow u to show prepn? how will u do that?
Last edited:
i am interested too..please let me know how we can arrange a meeting..
I am really interested! Thanks a lot... How can we arrange?
Hello who is in LA I'm planning to do a review session to show all the preps, instruments, waxing blocks USC way. If you are interested let me know so I can arrange it. I can only do one session because I got midterms coming soon.
I can answer all your questions regarding USC and the bench exam. I can also see your preps and guide you. Let me know. Thanks
Hi foxydentist,
could you please help me regarding air compressor for bench test preparation at home ? i have one which turns off every 10-15 mins so is there any solution for that? i bought it from sears..
Hi---I live in LA and have bench exam at USC on 27th Oct. I would really like to have this review session as well. Please please let me know.Hello who is in LA I'm planning to do a review session to show all the preps, instruments, waxing blocks USC way. If you are interested let me know so I can arrange it. I can only do one session because I got midterms coming soon.
I can answer all your questions regarding USC and the bench exam. I can also see your preps and guide you. Let me know. Thanks
Thanks.
will i am from india.. will be there in la from 24 .. is there anybodu from india who wd like to meet and discuss things in la ..please write my exam are 0mn 27 and 28..
thanks man.. how many do actualy reach.. is this school good ?
so didi all 150 came for the interview ?
what they might be asking in pbl
what they might be asking in pbl
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Guys! Where can I get the carving wax and what kind of carving wax do we need?
What columbia dentoform model are we supposed to buy? Please Please Please suggest the correct ones.
Hi can you please let us know if there is any written exam for USC?
thanks
thanks
Hey... I am from India and have got a call from usc too... Could you please tell me,where from you intend to buy the hand piece and the Columbia typhodont from?1 yr clinical exp from home country and 4 months of shadowing in us
can you help me for bench exam.I am palnning to move to LA this week.can i practice at school.
Hello who is in LA I'm planning to do a review session to show all the preps, instruments, waxing blocks USC way. If you are interested let me know so I can arrange it. I can only do one session because I got midterms coming soon.
I can answer all your questions regarding USC and the bench exam. I can also see your preps and guide you. Let me know. Thanks
Can you guide me for bench exam.I am planning to come this week.Can i practice at USC.
Hey foxydentist is Columbia 860 delta plus is the same typhodont as mentioned in USC list SMPVR 860,,I couldn't find online.Plz help me
Hello who is in LA I'm planning to do a review session to show all the preps, instruments, waxing blocks USC way. If you are interested let me know so I can arrange it. I can only do one session because I got midterms coming soon.
I can answer all your questions regarding USC and the bench exam. I can also see your preps and guide you. Let me know. Thanks
Hi everyone,
Looking forward to see you all. I was wondering if you have an idea about the instruments i should buy if i am planning to rent the stuff from them?
Rent them if you don't have hand piece. If you have one, better buy the remaining instruments. It will cost you $190 (excluding typho)
Hey foxydentist is Columbia 860 delta plus is the same typhodont as mentioned in USC list SMPVR 860,,I couldn't find online.Plz help me
It may be similar, but may not be identical to the SMPVR 860. Better to go with the original. We spent thousands of $ for applications, can't we spent $100 extra bucks..?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can anybody tell me how much is the interview fees and instrument rental fees,or i would appreciate if anybody can upload the instrument list for the Dextrity test
Hello who is in LA I'm planning to do a review session to show all the preps, instruments, waxing blocks USC way. If you are interested let me know so I can arrange it. I can only do one session because I got midterms coming soon.
I can answer all your questions regarding USC and the bench exam. I can also see your preps and guide you. Let me know. Thanks
that's great. I just got an interview from USC and I am sooooo stressed out. When is the best time for you to meet? I can meet up with you anywhere and anytime. It is very kind of you to help other applicants. please let me know.
Hello,plz answer my questions,I am waiting,is there any one seniors ??
Hello,plz answer my questions,I am waiting,is there any one seniors ??
Hi smile design, the test fee is $150. U can rent the instruments for $300 but u have to pay a $2000 deposit ( they are refundable except for the teeth and typodont u can't return them and they around $260 ). The list includes handpiece, burs, hand cutting instruments, typodont, carving wax blocks, carver and some more.
Thank you BTO, you are so nice,if you have got the Interview,My good wishes are with you,hope things become easy for you.