USC MOT Summer Session

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drubear

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi
i recently got accepted into the OT program at USC for Class of 2015. Can anyone give me some insights on what to expect for the summer session? These are the four courses I will be enrolled in: OT 440 Foundations: Kinesiology, OT 441 Foundations: Neuroscience, OT 405 Foundations: Occupation, and OT 406 Foundations: Creativity, Craft and Activity Analysis. My schedule goes from 8:30 to 4:30 everyday. You can reply below or just message me privately.

Some of my questions are

1) Do you recommending making the commute from the OC (where Im from) to USC everyday or should i just live closer to school?

2) Is the summer session super intense?

3) Do i need to buy all the textbooks for the summer session (living on loans so im trying to save as much $$ as possible)?

Thanks for your your help :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hi there, congratulations on your acceptance! I hope it's going great and I hope to find myself there very soon. As a current student maybe you can help me with a question that I have.

I have found myself in a VERY unfortunate situation. I am a very competitive candidate and I was unable to get into the only class left in my undergrad for the Spring semester. The OT program at USC starts in the summer. Unfortunately the length of the summer course I still need for my undergrad overlaps for a few weeks with the USC program :mad:. Of course part of the prerequisites is that they require all undergrad work to be completed by the time the program starts. Is there any chance that I could get away with this overlap? after all its only for a few weeks. Does USC ask for final transcripts again from all their students prior to the start of the program to ensure that all classes are accounted for????? This class is not a prerequisite for the OT program just for my undergrad major. I'm hoping that this is something that might be able to float by since it is only a few weeks overlap. Or is this something I should bring up with the program director? I'm kind of nervous that contacting the program director and asking her personally might draw attention to my application and they would have their eye out for it.

Any help/suggestions is appreciated thanks!