Program-Specific Info / Q's USC OTD Fall 2023 Application Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

emma.ot

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello. Everyone!
I wanted to start a thread where we can discuss USC's OTD admission questions/updates/stats for the Fall 2023 application cycle. Good luck to everyone!!

Applied:
Interviews:
Acceptances:
Waitlists:
Rejections:

Members don't see this ad.

Hello,

Thank you for making this thread! I am applying to USC as well. Has your application been verified yet? If it has how long did it take?

Applied: CSUDH, USC, University of Saint Mary, & Loma Linda.
Interviews: N/A
Acceptances: N/A
Waitlists: N/A
Rejections: N/A

I submitted my application for CSUDH on 9/15/2022 and received an application acknowledgment from the school on 9/21/2022.
I submitted all other applications on 10/4/2022 (including USC) and have not received acknowledgments.

Best of luck to everyone that is applying. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello,

Thank you for making this thread! I am applying to USC as well. Has your application been verified yet? If it has how long did it take?

Applied: CSUDH, USC, University of Saint Mary, & Loma Linda.
Interviews: N/A
Acceptances: N/A
Waitlists: N/A

I submitted my application for CSUDH on 9/15/2022 and received an application acknowledgment from the school on 9/21/2022.
I submitted all other applications on 10/4/2022 (including USC) and have not received acknowledgments.

Best of luck to everyone that is applying. :)
Hello! I submitted my USC application through OTCAS on September 21 and received an email from USC stating that they received my verified application a few days later on September 26. Hope this helps!

Reactions: 1 user
Hello! I submitted my USC application through OTCAS on September 21 and received an email from USC stating that they received my verified application a few days later on September 26. Hope this helps!
Thank you! 🙏 I hope to receive an email soon.
Best of luck. ☺️

Edited 11/12
Hi. Everyone!
I also applied to USC and submitted my app this past Wednesday! (10/12)

Applied: USC, Loma Linda, Samuel Merritt, Dominican University, Boston University
Interviews: Loma Linda (10/12), Dominican University (11/12), Samuel Merritt (12/3)
Acceptances: Loma Linda (11/11)
Waitlists:
Rejections:

I received an email from USC regarding my USC ID number one day after I submitted my application via OTCAS Best of luck everyone! :)

Last edited:
Hi. Everyone!

Applied: USC, Loma Linda, Samuel Merritt, Dominican University, Boston University (debating on West Coast, Standbridge, and CSUDH haha)
Interviews: Loma Linda (10/12)
Acceptances:
Waitlists:
Rejections:

I received an email from USC regarding my USC ID number one day after I submitted my application via OTCAS Best of luck everyone! :)
Thank you for sharing. When did you submit your application to Loma Linda? OTCAS just verified all of my applications today.

Thank you for sharing. When did you submit your application to Loma Linda? OTCAS just verified all of my applications today.
I submitted my application on 9/5, got it verified on 9/6 and then I completed the supplemental application on 9/27. Feel free to message me if you have any more questions :)

• Care
I submitted my application on 9/5, got it verified on 9/6 and then I completed the supplemental application on 9/27. Feel free to message me if you have any more questions :)

Did you have your interview with LLU? If so, how was it?

Did you have your interview with LLU? If so, how was it?
Yes! I had my interview with LLU and I thought it went well!! I was asked about 4-5 questions and had time to ask questions at the end

Members don't see this ad :)
did anyone make their youSC account yet?
Not yet. Their email mentions to allow three to 5 business days before creating a youSC account. I just received that email yesterday at 2:00 am. I am planning on creating the account by Thursday. Have you made one yet? :)

Hi. Everyone!

Applied: USC, Loma Linda, Samuel Merritt, Dominican University, Boston University (debating on West Coast, Standbridge, and CSUDH haha)
Interviews: Loma Linda (10/12)
Acceptances:
Waitlists:
Rejections:

Have you heard from SMU?

No I haven't :( I think they extended their deadline because I swear it was Oct 1st, but now on their website it says Dec 1st.
Yeah... I got an email that they extended their applications to end of November so I am wondering if that affects their interview invitation timeline.

Yeah... I got an email that they extended their applications to end of November so I am wondering if that affects their interview invitation timeline.
Hmm.. I didnt get an email. When was that email sent?

Hi Everyone!! Here are my stats. I have not finished applying to all of the schools but will hopefully send them out soon! USC is my top choice as of now. I submitted 11/8
STATS:
Cumulative GPA: 3.8
Prerequisite GPA: 3.9-4.0
Observation Hours: 16 from one setting, 62 completed in another with a total of 112 expected by end of semester.
Work/Volunteer Experience: Infant/Toddler Teacher, Infant/Toddler TA, Child Lab Fieldwork Student in Infant Center, Early Intervention Fieldwork Intern. President of Pre-OT Society at my school, re-established the chapter. Member of Pi Beta Phi and was Director of Recruitment Events 2022.
Letters of Rec: 1 Professor/ECD Program Head, 1 Professor/Child Lab Director, 1 Head Teacher at the Childcare Center I work
GRE: not taking

APPLIED: University of Southern California, University of Florida, University of Sydney, University of Queensland, BU?
Interviews:
Acceptances: University of Sydney (conditional pending graduation)
Waitlists:
Rejections:

Hello. Everyone!
I wanted to start a thread where we can discuss USC's OTD admission questions/updates/stats for the Fall 2023 application cycle. Good luck to everyone!!

Applied:
Interviews:
Acceptances:
Waitlists:
Rejections:

Hi everyone!

As of now i accepted the offer from Stanbridge but i am still waiting on USC.

Applied: Stanbridge, West coast university, and USC
Interviews: Stanbridge, WCU
Acceptances: Stanbridge MSOT, West coast university MSOT, USC
Waitlists: West coast university OTD

Last edited:
No but I saw on IG that they eliminated phase II. I hope they start contacting people soon with a decision.

Hi! I also saw the update. Previously the q&a had stated they had a goal of contacting applicants by mid-December. I'm not sure if that will still apply since they are doing it off a rolling basis but I almost want to delete my email until then so I can stop checking. lol.
but good luck everyone!

Hi! I also saw the update. Previously the q&a had stated they had a goal of contacting applicants by mid-December. I'm not sure if that will still apply since they are doing it off a rolling basis but I almost want to delete my email until then so I can stop checking. lol.
but good luck everyone!

Omg Daryl I feel the same way about deleting my email! I hope they get back soon i submitted my application on 09/29.

I just received email from Director of Admissions. They officially are releasing admission decisions starting mid-December through January. Actually I already started MSOT program at other university. Is is good idea to drop this program and wait for USC? :cryi:

I just received email from Director of Admissions. They officially are releasing admission decisions starting mid-December through January. Actually I already started MSOT program at other university. Is is good idea to drop this program and wait for USC? :cryi:

Which school are you currently attending?

Stanbridge University :) I saw you got accepted from same school. Do you still wait for USC?

Yes but it’s for the Los Angeles campus that starts 11/2023. I’m still waiting for USC because I really want to go there. It’s just the cost of the program for USC that has me worried.

Hi was that a general email they sent out or a response to your email? I didn't receive anything

On USC IG live they said decision letters go out by email starting next week- Jan. For the ppl that sent their applications in before the deadline.

I emailed them and the admissions person told me they are hoping to have the decisions out (for people who applied pre-deadline) by December 16th. So I really really really hope they don't release them all the way into January

I emailed them and the admissions person told me they are hoping to have the decisions out (for people who applied pre-deadline) by December 16th. So I really really really hope they don't release them all the way into January

Maybe they will release the decisions in batches. I rather know sooner than later. So i can start planning stuff.

Congratulations to everyone that got in i just got my acceptance letter

Me too! I got into USC. :love: Good luck everyone! Hope to see you guys soon:)

Happy Holidays 🎄💛

Good luck to the ppl that’s are still waiting.
Did anyone apply for the vision scholarship and get it?

congrats everyone!! I was wondering if anyone applied to the research student worker scholarship and got it?