USC MPH Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lake04

5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone!

I am interested in applying for an MPH. As far as MPH Programs go, how does USC compare to others in CA and nationwide? Does anyone out there have any information on USCs program or reputation? I live in Los Angeles, thus, the interest in USC. What are the typical entrance stats for MPH Programs? Where should I be looking nationwide? Any info or advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

lake04

Members don't see this ad.

Hi lake04! I kind of asked the same type of things about USC a little while ago but no one seemed to know anything or didn't respond to my inquiry. As for typical entrance stats you can try to look at some previous threads on this board because I think someone may have addressed that issue before and you may want to check out the websites in the Sticky: public health websites. I mainly think that you might just have to do your homework and look up individual programs to find out what they require and which one suits you best. Good luck!

Hihi!

I'm not sure what the program is like, but I do have statistical information for you for USC. I hope this helps!

Average GPA: 3.16
Average GRE: 500 verbal, 660 math
% with public health work experience: 86%
% Acceptance: 80%

See ya!

Hey all:

Is anyone going to attend USC's MPH program in the fall? If so, how did you decide to choose USC over other MPH programs? Any info on its program and reputation is much appreciated.

Thanks.

lake04

P.s. Does anyone know whether an MPH can be completed in 1yr? Or is it just dependent upon the school and more importantly the concentration?