USC or Tufts or NYU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SA23YA

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I've been accepted to USC, NYU, and Tufts and I really need some help with making my decision. I'm from Southern California and I love living here and being close to home but, I don't know if I like PBL at USC. I liked Tufts and I NYU seemed nice too. I appreciate any input :)

Members don't see this ad.

Is Tufts the cheapest? Or are they all expensive?

Members don't see this ad :)
Since all of the schools are expensive, I would think about other factors that will make you happy. Which school environment do you like more? Which school has a smaller student to faculty ratio (more attention from the professor/are they willing to stay after class to help you understand a concept more)? I'm sure you can think of many more factors in choosing the right Dental school for you.

The lesser evil from those 3 is Tufts.
Price: USC > Tufts = NYU
Class size: NYU > Tufts > USC

I've found USC students live a high quality of life and leave with lots of good memories and clinical skills after four years. I can't speak for the other schools on this, but I found this to be a great perk that I didn't expect to find when I started dental school.