• Pharmacy Job Market Webinar

Are you considering applying to pharmacy school but are concerned about job prospects when you graduate? Join us on Wednesday, July 28th at 8 PM Eastern to hear from three PharmDs about their experiences and options outside of retail pharmacy.

Nalia B

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 26, 2005
Los Angeles
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Hi,

I could use some advice here...

I went to USC as an undergrad and grduated in 2004. I recently contacted the pre-health advisor at USC and was told that even if I completed ALL of my pre-reqs at a community college (I'm thinking about SMC) and mainatined a high B+ - A+ average, the pre-health committee would still write a LOR and that I would be eligible to use their application process and all their resources to apply to different medical schools.

However I am wondering if I should do this or instead go through a formal post-bac program and then use that school's resources? Currently I am considering UNF because it's not terribly expensive and I could leave Los Angeles and go somewhere where I don't know anybody and not be distracted.

However I would like to go back to L.A. for medical school - in particular USC where I spent my undergrad years working at the Keck School of Med cell and neurobiology lab, and am familiar with many of the professors. So my question is ... Will I have an easier time applying to Cali schools with USC handling my application or will it not matter that I am applying through UNF? And also, if I am applying to other schools outside of Cali - will schools respect USC (albeit with CC credits - tho maybe adcoms won't be able to tell on my USC transcript?) or UNF more?

Considering all of these factors, any advice would be helpful. Thank you! :)

drizzt3117

chick magnet
10+ Year Member
Oct 29, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Why aren't you considering the USC postbac program?

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.