USC or UNF? From former SC student

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nalia B

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I could use some advice here...

I went to USC as an undergrad and grduated in 2004. I recently contacted the pre-health advisor at USC and was told that even if I completed ALL of my pre-reqs at a community college (I'm thinking about SMC) and mainatined a high B+ - A+ average, the pre-health committee would still write a LOR and that I would be eligible to use their application process and all their resources to apply to different medical schools.

However I am wondering if I should do this or instead go through a formal post-bac program and then use that school's resources? Currently I am considering UNF because it's not terribly expensive and I could leave Los Angeles and go somewhere where I don't know anybody and not be distracted.

However I would like to go back to L.A. for medical school - in particular USC where I spent my undergrad years working at the Keck School of Med cell and neurobiology lab, and am familiar with many of the professors. So my question is ... Will I have an easier time applying to Cali schools with USC handling my application or will it not matter that I am applying through UNF? And also, if I am applying to other schools outside of Cali - will schools respect USC (albeit with CC credits - tho maybe adcoms won't be able to tell on my USC transcript?) or UNF more?

Considering all of these factors, any advice would be helpful. Thank you! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Why aren't you considering the USC postbac program?

Nevermind. My bad, wrong post!