Program-Specific Info / Q's USC OTD Fall 2022 Application Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Oh my god...how exciting!! Decisions are coming out way earlier than I expected :oops:

Thankful to have this community to be part of the waiting game together

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
i don't know why but i feel like they'll release it tomorrow since friday's the end of the week

Reactions: 1 user
i don't know why but i feel like they'll release it tomorrow since friday's the end of the week
According to last years thread, they received their decisions on a Friday. I hope we hear today but I feel like tomorrow will be the day too 😭

yallll this is driving me crazy 😵‍💫
refreshing my email, refreshing SDN, repeat

Reactions: 2 users
I’m going to temporarily delete my mail app from my phone… I’ve been refreshing it so often😭

• Haha
I got my acceptance!!!!! Good luck everyone!!!! 😭❤️

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone receive a rejection email? or are they only doing acceptances atm?

remember how someone said they could potentially come out in batches… i hope that’s true😵‍💫

Just got in as well☺️☺️Did anyone else get a research assistant offer and can help me discern how much we are actually getting haha? For example, how much is “8 units of tuition coverage”?

i got in too! congrats to all and a continuing good luck to those who havent heard <3

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
hi everyone! i'm so excited, i got in as well! is anyone looking at living at currie hall? i am super interested and would love to live w other OT students :)

hi everyone! i'm so excited, i got in as well! is anyone looking at living at currie hall? i am super interested and would love to live w other OT students :)
also congrats to everyone!!! and good luck to everyone waiting ❤️

• Love
got accepted last night!! can't wait to get connected with everyone! i'm also open to living with other students cause i'm from way out of state and don't know anyone else in my area going to this school lol

I don't think I will be attending due to the cost of this program compared to my current other offers, but so happy for everyone!

I got a waitlist notification this morning, best of luck to all!

• Love
Just out of curiosity, did anyone else receive a waitlist notification this morning? Anyone receive a rejection?

Just out of curiosity, did anyone else receive a waitlist notification this morning? Anyone receive a rejection?
I received an email for waitlist as well, but it said one of my courses wasn’t verified when it is. So I’m not sure If that’s a reason why I’m on the waitlist.

I'm on the waitlist too because two of my classes haven't been verified by OTCAS since they were taken this past Fall semester and it will take a couple weeks to verify after sending in your official transcripts. I'm assuming they have a pool of applicants who are in the same situation and once they become verified maybe they will give us a seat?
The class I took was two years ago so I shouldn’t have any issues with it And I checked the OTCAS and it says verified.

Got an email Thursday saying I was accepted to the program! Hoping you all received good news as well!

I received an email for waitlist as well, but it said one of my courses wasn’t verified when it is. So I’m not sure If that’s a reason why I’m on the waitlist.
I don’t think so! I got accepted and I also had one course not verified since I completed it in Fall 2021. I just emailed them to clarify!

also congrats to everyone!!! and good luck to everyone waiting ❤️
Currie looks soooo nice I was looking at it! They said they’ll start a Facebook group for us so once they do that I hope I can start to find housing and hopefully get fellow OT roomies!

Hi! Is anyone else worried about the tremendous cost of the program? 185k for a doctorate is a lot (not even including cost of living in LA) when we’ll only be making around 60k as entry level practitioners.. i’ve seen posts from OT’s regretting choosing this school because it took them 15-20 yrs to repay loans.
USC has a great program but i’m not sure it’s worth that financial stress.
As of right now Tuition = $186,162 Fees = $3,695 Total = $189,857. There is a disclaimer that states “Tuition and fees are subject to change and are expected to be the same or slightly higher for 2022-2023.”

Cost of living in the area is high as well. I’ve heard they’re pretty generous with scholarships and a student last year told me they got $18,000 for the first year with the ability to reapply for subsequent years. Most I’ve talked to from other years got offered lower than that, this year I’ve heard from 2 who got $12,000. While that sounds like a lot it still keeps the program over $150,00 and tuition usually increases each year so I suspect that $190,000 price tag to go well above $200,000 by the time your done. This doesn’t include books and other clinical expenses. They also changed the Research Assistant stipend to an hourly wage and it seems like it’s much lower than previous years, it’s also not guaranteed for more than the one year. For those that can afford it that’s amazing. I decided not to even submit my Phase 2 video after being admitted to other schools because I do not want to go that far in debt. It’s definitely an amazing school and program but the cost is prohibitive for many. Good luck to all those admitted and going to USC. It’s a great school.

Yeah, I'm thinking the total cost would be around 250-260k. The scholarships they provide are minimal compared to other programs. Does anyone know why the tuition rate is so high and what exactly usc offers (that other programs don't) that would justify this?
I am completely in the same boat!!! (I think we're in very similar situations) I think honestly USC is a very good school and a private school and that's how it goes. It looks like Boston U does offer more scholarships, but the overall cost without any aid and cost of living also exceeds 200k by quite a bit. I think it is more namesake and the reputation and of course the number one school in the country ranking. It personally isn't worth it for me, although I am over the moon to have gotten in, I just can't afford that loans in the long term.

• Care
Hi everyone!! I got my acceptance Thursday night EST haha and I am so excited!! Still unsure due to cost, but congratulations everyone!

i am not sure where i would live yet but i would like to live with other OT students as well :)

Major congrats again to all of those who got accepted, that is so amazing!! I just wanted to ask a quick question for waitlisted folks. Does anyone know if they are going to send out waitlist acceptances on a rolling basis? Meaning, someone could get notified any time beginning this week? Also, does anyone know how many people (roughly) get accepted each year off the waitlist?

Major congrats again to all of those who got accepted, that is so amazing!! I just wanted to ask a quick question for waitlisted folks. Does anyone know if they are going to send out waitlist acceptances on a rolling basis? Meaning, someone could get notified any time beginning this week? Also, does anyone know how many people (roughly) get accepted each year off the waitlist?
I believe they can admit starting now off the waitlist it all depends on how many accept their seats.

I believe they can admit starting now off the waitlist it all depends on how many accept their seats.
Thank you!! I got an admission notification yesterday stating that I got in!!

for those who have gotten in and sent their enrollment form, have you been able to certify your admission through the you.sc link? the admissions letter said it would be posted there within about a week of the original acceptance email, but so far its been almost 2 weeks and i have nothing on my you.sc portal. I'm not sure if i need to email them or something

for those who have gotten in and sent their enrollment form, have you been able to certify your admission through the you.sc link? the admissions letter said it would be posted there within about a week of the original acceptance email, but so far its been almost 2 weeks and i have nothing on my you.sc portal. I'm not sure if i need to email them or something
I haven’t seen anything in the link either. I’d give it a few more days maybe it’ll pop up.

I am in the same boat! I am trying to decline my admissions, however aha

Ok so I did finally get my official decision letter, but it said the OTD program in the Ostrow school of dentistry? Did anyone else have that or do I need to email them and get it fixed lmao? Also, do we need to resend all of our transcripts straight to them or just our final degree from our home institution?

the OT school is under the dentistry department. because some health sciences depts are small, they combine with one another