USC-- post-interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WaitingImpatiently

Long Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello from a newbie!

One of the earlier posts mentioned that USC takes a few applicants immediately (~4 wks) after the interview. My question is, how many? I mean, my interview day had 10 applicants. Does the ADCOM take a couple from each pool of 10, or a few from all the interviews in a whole month? Also, who gets taken? Is it the first few qualified applicants they review, or only the "super" applicants (ie. the ones that end up at UCSF anyway)?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I am no expert, but since they constantly tell us on the phone that they are not on a rolling admissions basis, I do not think they take people from each group of interviewees.

I think that initial group could be people from their Bachelors-MD program or MD-PhD folks or maybe even children of alumni or major donors, etc.

I also could be all wrong :) I seriously doubt they take folks from each day though, that is a rolling admissions system which they say they do not have.

may I ask how long you had to wait after submitting your secondary about an interview notice? thanks
DON

Hey Epi- I am none of those and got accepted mid December. I asked the office staff as to why I got the acceptance since they are non-rolling, and one of the nice ladies simply told me that (up to that point) they had accepted 10-15 "exceptional" candidates. I had no idea I was "exceptional" in anyone's eyes (except for my mothers :D )...so I guess that was nice to hear. I don't know how many more they are planning on accepting "early", but I wouldn't worry as I wouldn't guess that it's too many. Most of their acceptances will come in April when everyone is done interviewing. Take care.