USC rejection: ouch :(

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

harleyquinn33

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I applied to the University of Southern California post bacc premed program a week ago, got all my materials to them early this week and was swiftly rejected yesterday. I didn't expect it, it was shocking how quickly they made their decision. This was for the spring 2017 term. They basically told me that judging from my low science GPA, I should mention that I only took one science course and one math since that was all my major required, that I would likely struggle in their rigorous program. My low GRE score was also taken into account. It made me feel terrible, but I want to prove them wrong. I may apply to CSU Los Angeles and their post bacc program, option 2. Anyone have any experience with CSU LA?

Members don't see this ad.

Hello,

I'm also interested in hearing what people have to say about CSU LA. Harleyquinn33, would you be able to share anything that you discovered about the school? Do you know if it would be a great program for someone who completed all their pre-reqs but just need a GPA boost?

Last edited:
Hello,

I'm also interested in hearing what people have to say about CSU LA. Harleyquinn33, would you be able to share anything that you discovered about the school? Do you know if it would be a great program for someone who completed all their pre-reqs but just need a GPA boost? I have a cGPA 3.1 and sGPA of 3.0 but need to bump it up to something much higher. Thank you.

Hi,
I haven't applied yet, but I'm going to for 2017. The deadline for summer fall 2017 is in April. If you're accepted you have to successfully complete a chemistry academy which is held in the summer before fall semester begins. There are two options for admissions: option 1 which is geared toward people like you, who want to improve their grades. Option 2, is for people like me who have no prerequisites. It seems like a really great program, but the only drawback is that it's not federally funded, so you won't get any financial aid to pay for tuition or anything else. They have stipends for those who are first generation college grads though, but I'm not so I can't apply for it. I hope this answered any questions you had.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello,

I'm also interested in hearing what people have to say about CSU LA. Harleyquinn33, would you be able to share anything that you discovered about the school? Do you know if it would be a great program for someone who completed all their pre-reqs but just need a GPA boost? I have a cGPA 3.1 and sGPA of 3.0 but need to bump it up to something much higher. Thank you.

Here is more info for the record enhancer option 1 for you: http://www.calstatela.edu/academic/...th-professionals-option-1-biological-sciences

I applied to the University of Southern California post bacc premed program a week ago, got all my materials to them early this week and was swiftly rejected yesterday. I didn't expect it, it was shocking how quickly they made their decision. This was for the spring 2017 term. They basically told me that judging from my low science GPA, I should mention that I only took one science course and one math since that was all my major required, that I would likely struggle in their rigorous program. My low GRE score was also taken into account. It made me feel terrible, but I want to prove them wrong. I may apply to CSU Los Angeles and their post bacc program, option 2. Anyone have any experience with CSU LA?
Hi! Just came across your thread and was wondering if you applied CSULa?

Hi I just came across your post. I’m currently studying for the GRE and I’m planning on applying to USCs post bacc program. They don’t specify a GRE score you’re supposed to reach, so if you don’t mind me asking, what was your score in verbal and quant?