USC School of Dentistry- Class of 2011

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bmrboy19

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Future USC School of Dentistry Class of 2011. I just wanted to post a new myspace group so that we can maybe all get to know one another. So please check it out and join if you are intersted. Goodluck to all that are still in the processss..!!!! :D

http://groups.myspace.com/uscdental2011

Members don't see this ad.

Cmon where the USC people at...I definetely know that SoCal can represent a lot better then this.....Trojanssss!!! :D

im an sc alum. in the process of applying. waiting for response. hopefully ill make the cut for the class of 2011.

name?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi..well goodluck...

Welcome to the trojan family!!! get ready to have an awesome time!!! as a D1, I can tell you that the first two trimesters here will, be an awesome time that you'll never forget...work hard and play harder!!

once summer hits, you might have to just work hard!!

Any questions?? shoot away!!

USC%20Trojans.jpg

Congratulations Michael and welcome to USC :)

Thanks! How do you like it so far?!? I know you got in last year cause I was applied last year too and didn't get in but always saw ur posts...is it everythign you hoped?

Welcome to the trojan family!!! get ready to have an awesome time!!! as a D1, I can tell you that the first two trimesters here will, be an awesome time that you'll never forget...work hard and play harder!!

once summer hits, you might have to just work hard!!

Any questions?? shoot away!!

Thanks Dude!!! Ya I'm totally stoked...my brothers actually graduating from there in May and just passed his boards...so i'm totally excited to continue the tradition :D ...

hmmm...how long did it take for USC to receive your deposit?

hmmm...how long did it take for USC to receive your deposit?

I sent it on tuesday and they received it Thursday...I emailed them friday and they said they would send me a Receipt soon after it clears... :D ...

bmrboy,

what are your stats and where did you go to school?

I sent it on tuesday and they received it Thursday...I emailed them friday and they said they would send me a Receipt soon after it clears... :D ...

WHAT!?!?!!? I sent them on Tuesday too! And they still don't have it on record. what the hell??!!?? My MO better not have gotten lost or stolen!!!
Grrr...just my luck!

P.S. I live in the OC so it takes like only 1 day for LA to receive mail from OC. THERE SHOULD BE NO EXCUSE for a delay

Don't worry just stay on top of it...i'm sure they received it...why MO by the way...why not a personal check? Just curious..isn't it safer by personal check? If somehow the MO gets lost ur pretty much assed out.....just call and make sure they receive it soon...they might just be waiting till it clears..

Members don't see this ad :)
WHAT!?!?!!? I sent them on Tuesday too! And they still don't have it on record. what the hell??!!?? My MO better not have gotten lost or stolen!!!
Grrr...just my luck!

P.S. I live in the OC so it takes like only 1 day for LA to receive mail from OC. THERE SHOULD BE NO EXCUSE for a delay

Oh and I sent it USPS Priority Mail thats why it probably got there before your mail and I live like 25min from Campus....

hey y'all, fellow usc 2011' er, hope all is going well. got a question for all of the current usc students, is there anywhere "nice" to live that is within walking distance of the dental school? I'm debating whether to live next to ucla (my undergrad) or next to usc, thanks

my name is phil chung. wondering what everyone's name is.

hey y'all, fellow usc 2011' er, hope all is going well. got a question for all of the current usc students, is there anywhere "nice" to live that is within walking distance of the dental school? I'm debating whether to live next to ucla (my undergrad) or next to usc, thanks

there are def nice expensive places around USC...they are really nice!!!...i'm not sure if its walking distance, but def, biking distance and 7-10 min drive...there are lots of ok places to live walking distance....!!

there are def nice expensive places around USC...they are really nice!!!...i'm not sure if its walking distance, but def, biking distance and 7-10 min drive...there are lots of ok places to live walking distance....!!
thanks for your reply, can u possibly give me some building names and streets so I can look them up online, thanks again

thanks for your reply, can u possibly give me some building names and streets so I can look them up online, thanks again

sure, although i'm not the best person to talk to, I know of one really really crazy nice complex called the medici http://www.themedici.com/ this place is just amazing!!! amazing...look at the pictures!!!

there are also two places I have personally visited (friends places) first, promenade towers...I love promenade towers, love that entire area, its on 2nd and figueroa...there's another place across called bunker hill, this place is really clean and nice!!

I live in a complex called city park...www.cityparkusc.com (the its 5 min away walking distance from school...I love this place!!! its nice enough for me!!! its got night watchman, secured elevators, 2 spaces (2bdrm) gated garage...etc...

hope this helps

Anyone complete their financial aid stuff yet? All I have done is the FAFSA...what else do we need to do? I sent an email but I haven't got a response yet...FAFSA, Tax Return, anything else?

Michael

thanks again for your help, those places look beautiful. do u know of any studios that are in the 1000 range?

thanks again for your help, those places look beautiful. do u know of any studios that are in the 1000 range?

I don't think it's gonna get any better then $13-1400...unless u get a 2 bedroom for like $2000 and get a roommate....that would be a good idea...at least u save on parking if u find somewhere close ($400/semester + no gas)

Anyone complete their financial aid stuff yet? All I have done is the FAFSA...what else do we need to do? I sent an email but I haven't got a response yet...FAFSA, Tax Return, anything else?

Michael

I thought we just file the FAFSA and that's all...do they send us a separate packet for financial aid instructions? If so, I sure haven't received any :confused:

i'm ready for tailgate!!!

I don't have Myspace and I've refused to join so Facebook will have to do...

Did you join the facebook group? See you in August!

What other schools were you guys accepted to?

What's up!

I think we need to spark some life into the class of 2011 thread and get this show on the road! Everyone excited to be a Trojan?!? Where are my future classmates at?

What's up!

I think we need to spark some life into the class of 2011 thread and get this show on the road! Everyone excited to be a Trojan?!? Where are my future classmates at?

I know...I'm not feelin the Trojan love dudes....cmon i know no one represents better tehn Cali...especiall USC..just go to one of their football games, you'll see what i mean!...

Hey Bmrboy19,

do you know anything about course materials for next year? I thought I remember the admissions staff telling us that we will get a recommended book list??? Also, do we rent or buy our equipment?

Thanks!

Hey whats going on guys... Just got accepted on friday and plan on enrolling.. look forward to meeting you all... :)

- AJ

Hello! I'm in as of Friday too!! Yay! I'm looking forward to meeting everyone as well :-D

anyone know when we need to collect those 300 teeth by? geez that's a lot...is it super crucial to get started on that now?? :eek:

Does anyone know what the 2 weeks of orientation at the end of August are like? Will it be full day events every day? Or will it only be a few days within the last 2 weeks of August?

HAHAHA Orientation sucks balls. All day. Every day. Two weeks. BORING as hell. Good luck with that. ;)
No really, you learn about the school and all that but it does drain you.

And you dont need the 300 teeth now, you'll need two halfway through the year and then you wont need any until your summer resto block (what im doing now, and im screwed cuz i have 0 teeth lol, so yes i would suggest get started NOW so you can have a ton of teeth because they dont fill those jars very quickly. and also if you have a lot of teeth everyone will be your best friend because they will be borrowing from you)

oh and to answer other people's questions, they will give you a recommended book list but check it with the upperclassmen who can tell you better what you will actually be using. And you buy your equipment, and its very expensive. =/

Just an update

USC officially ended their interviews as of yesterday. To people who are going to SC welcome; to those who interviewed and still waiting, good luck; To those w no interview, you'll get there, keep up the hard work!!

The class is about 2/3 full.
To the freshman comming in, in august, you don't need 300 teeth right away, the first trimester you need none. the second trimester you use 1 or 2. But its a good idea to get started, but don't stress over it. Don't be like me and collect nothing!!!!

Orientation is a great time to meet people in your class. Get to know as many as people as you can during those 2 weeks, because after that, you will be divided into groups and you'll see less of each other. You will also eventually start meeting upper classman, and you're more than welcome to ask any of us for help or any questions! @ usc, there's a good mentality and people tend to help each other all the time, with very little and no competition.

on a lighter note: This summer you should be reading harrisons internal medicine and try to memorize all the concepts. Also it is a good idea to read two or three pathology books along with a few histology and pharmacology books. You can also get started on preparing for boards part I!!

Anna we do need to find a best friend in our class, although we probably have to buy our friendship one tooth at a time.

Anna we do need to find a best friend in our class, although we probably have to buy our friendship one tooth at a time.

haha. =P

...I think we took over their board...

thanks poptart and sean for your replies about the teeth. makes me feel a lot better :)

did everyone get eva's email about parking? remember to get your spaces May 10th!

thanks poptart and sean for your replies about the teeth. makes me feel a lot better :)

did everyone get eva's email about parking? remember to get your spaces May 10th!

i did not get any email :confused:

i didn't either but i called in and ryan says to log on to the USC homepage. Under "search" type in "transit parking" and depending if you're going to live on campus or not the site will give you specific directions on how to apply.

does everyone know where they're living? are people living away from campus? seansk, or others, do you know if living driving distance away sucks ass in terms of the friends thing? i want ppl to come over for things!

welcome the newest addition to the USC class of 2011..... cant wait for fall~!!!

i did it!!! i'm gonna be a TROJAN!!! my dreams are coming true!!! i'm so excited.

can anyone tell me about housing?

When did you get accepted? What is by phone call?

Congrats to all of you that got in...Being born and raised in so-cal...USC is my 1st choice when I apply next year and I would LOVEEE to go there.

if you dont mind me asking, those of you that got in...what were you stats and dat scores? Just so I get a feel for where I need to be...

thanks!