USC Students, what are the top rotation programs your school offers?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gaba101

Doctor
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Want to move down to Southern CA from NorCal to do rotations and post-grad. Would like to do them at USC Pharmacy School.

Current students: are there any rotations that are a "do not miss this opportunity!"? I'm afraid all the USC students will get first pick. :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think USC would let non-USC students do their rotations at the school. Why would a university educate a student not enrolled at its university?

You should be looking for your school's rotation located in Southern Cal.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't think USC would let non-USC students do their rotations at the school. Why would a university educate a student not enrolled at its university?

um, schools have rotation sites are located everywhere. A student at UOP, for instance, can choose to do rotations in the SF area (where most sites are occupied by UCSF students) and LA area (where most sites are occupied by USC students). These sites don't just limit spots to students that attend the pharmacy school closest to them.

Want to move down to Southern CA from NorCal to do rotations and post-grad. Would like to do them at USC Pharmacy School.

If that is the case, then you need to clarify your statement. If you want to do your rotations at the "USC Pharmacy School" then that is not gonna happen which I addressed in my reply.

I've seen Purdue and Midwestern pharmacy students do academic rotations at UIC COP. However, I've never seen non-UIC students at the University of Illinois Hospital.

If that is the case, then you need to clarify your statement. If you want to do your rotations at the "USC Pharmacy School" then that is not gonna happen which I addressed in my reply.

well they might get the rotations but obviously the USC students will get first priority (that's how we do it for students from other schools). So the "do not miss" rotations will most likely be filled.

I'm trying to do out of state rotations but it is difficult to set them up without stepping on anyone from closer pharmacy schools toes.

well they might get the rotations but obviously the USC students will get first priority (that's how we do it for students from other schools)

your school may be different than USC. If the preceptor is a USC faculty at a USC facility, it's not opened to students from other pharmacy schools. But if you want to do your rotations at a Non-USC site that USC sends its students then you need to contact the director of that site to set something up.

It probably wouldn't be too difficult for UCSF to set up a VA rotation down here though given the UC's connection to multiple federal contracts with the DoD. I'm not sure of UOP's connections, but I know they've got a few rotations in Santa Barbara. My guess is it depends on which school you attend as to the ease of obtaining an internship down here.