Which retail pharmacy offers the least covid services?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Pharm.D2020

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Looking for real numbers from current retail pharmacists. How many covid shots (which manufacturer) and how many covid tests (which type) per hour and where you work.

On the corner corporate allows 9 PCR tests and 6 vaccinations (Pfizer only) to be scheduled every hour. Testing runs 9 hours a day and vaccine appointments run open to close.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Not sure that counts lol but sounds like a great unicorn job ya got there.
LOL, yeah. I have my gripes, but I know what the other side is like.

Honestly though, you could definitely jump to hospital outpatient from retail. It exists. Just look for large hospital systems.
 
LOL, yeah. I have my gripes, but I know what the other side is like.

Honestly though, you could definitely jump to hospital outpatient from retail. It exists. Just look for large hospital systems.
I’ve got one outpatient pharmacy in my town. And there are never any openings, trust me I look on the daily. My kiddos have established here, have sports, friends etc. obviously if I was unemployed I’d move but I’m not so I’ll push through to keep them happy and comfortable. Something I lacked as a child.
 
I’ve got one outpatient pharmacy in my town. And there are never any openings, trust me I look on the daily. My kiddos have established here, have sports, friends etc. obviously if I was unemployed I’d move but I’m not so I’ll push through to keep them happy and comfortable. Something I lacked as a child.
You do you. I commend you for keeping your kids at the forefront of your decision making. See if you can network with the pharmacists there so you can hear of any future openings before they are listed. I always chat up our local pharmacists during transfers so I can keep on good terms with others in our community and hear about opportunities that might come up (for myself or others). And remember, happy parents are the biggest factor in keeping kids happy, so try to find some balance for yourself, both within work and outside work. This career is rough at times, and I need to make time for myself sometimes so I can be present for others and give them the best version of me.