USC Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is there anyone going to have Feb 25 interview would like to carpool from OC or SD?

Members don't see this ad.

anyone hear anything yet?
this is taking way longer than the first interview hahaha.

btw, got the financial aid supplemental application recently. it really doesn't have anything to do with admissions decisions though. such a tease.

anyone hear anything yet?
this is taking way longer than the first interview hahaha.

btw, got the financial aid supplemental application recently. it really doesn't have anything to do with admissions decisions though. such a tease.

Yeah, I'm about to go crazy!!! Haha. I didn't get the financial aid supplemental application email though... I wonder why.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks guys!! Yeah, I submitted fafsa a couple days ago and logged in last month to get the supplemental form. Didn't finish it though. I'll look into it. :) Good luck guys!!!

Thanks guys!! Yeah, I submitted fafsa a couple days ago and logged in last month to get the supplemental form. Didn't finish it though. I'll look into it. :) Good luck guys!!!

yeah its real easy. just do step 2

Looks like they'll be interviewing more people than normal for the Feb. 25th date. Just got an email from the admission coordinator asking more students to help with the interview process, good luck to everyone who gets a spot, I'll probably be there interviewing some of you!

Looks like they'll be interviewing more people than normal for the Feb. 25th date. Just got an email from the admission coordinator asking more students to help with the interview process, good luck to everyone who gets a spot, I'll probably be there interviewing some of you!

Does any one from AC of oct heared any thing back?

Wow! Which year are you? Did they say anything else about this year's admissions? :)

i got the email too. i'm currently a third year student. looks like they will be interviewing about 125-175 students on feb 25th.

i'm excited about meeting you guys!

I got an interview invite today for feb 25 at 11 am :)

How many do they normally interview?

I got an interview invite today for feb 25 at 11 am :)

How many do they normally interview?

Same here!

I think they normally interview ~100 people per session, so 400 people in total. Almost 50% chance of getting in?

Members don't see this ad :)
Same here!

I think they normally interview ~100 people per session, so 400 people in total. Almost 50% chance of getting in?
almost, but a little lower. there are students with guaranteed admissions.

i got the email too. i'm currently a third year student. looks like they will be interviewing about 125-175 students on feb 25th.

i'm excited about meeting you guys!

Wow, does this mean USC will be interviewing more than 400 applicants this year?

They interviewed around 100 students in Oct, 125 in Jan 2st and they will interview 125-175 more students in Feb? And they still have another interview date in March.

Wow, does this mean USC will be interviewing more than 400 applicants this year?

They interviewed around 100 students in Oct, 125 in Jan 2st and they will interview 125-175 more students in Feb? And they still have another interview date in March.

They will probably interview less people in March, because it's just too late then, so I guess that's why they try to interview more people next week. I have a feeling that there will be massive acceptance after the Feb. interview session. Good luck everyone!

i wonder if they will notify Jan interviewers at all... :(

They will probably interview less people in March, because it's just too late then, so I guess that's why they try to interview more people next week. I have a feeling that there will be massive acceptance after the Feb. interview session. Good luck everyone!

yeah i heard that the jan and feb interview dates typically have more interviews than the first and last interview dates. It has been this way. But I think this year, they will still only accept 15 from each date. So in a way, it will be a bit challenging for students to snatch a spot.

For those of you that just got interview invitations, when did you submit you're application? I turned mine in mid October and the wait is killing me! Im pretty surprised I haven't heard anything back from USC because I was offered interview invites to all the other ca schools already and I turned USCs app in before my others...is anyone else in the same boat?

For those of you that just got interview invitations, when did you submit you're application? I turned mine in mid October and the wait is killing me! Im pretty surprised I haven't heard anything back from USC because I was offered interview invites to all the other ca schools already and I turned USCs app in before my others...is anyone else in the same boat?

October is pretty late so you're either be in the 3rd or last interview.

I submitted the day before the deadline and got an interview invite on Feb 1. Goodluck!

Just received AC email.

40 out of 123 were accepted.

20 were accepted from AC from October.

Any advice for the interview? :)

:( hang in there, is USC your #1?

It's all good. I knew the essay portion did it for me.

Yeah USC is my #1. I only applied to 3 schools. lol.

I'm hoping to get an interview for the other 2 just to have something to look forward to.

What about you?

It's all good. I knew the essay portion did it for me.

Yeah USC is my #1. I only applied to 3 schools. lol.

I'm hoping to get an interview for the other 2 just to have something to look forward to.

What about you?

i only applied to 1 and it was USC. i thought my interview was horrible, and I was put on AC in october, so I know the feel hahaha.

still got a lot of the year left to go i guess, so we shouldn't worry yet.

i only applied to 1 and it was USC. i thought my interview was horrible, and I was put on AC in october, so I know the feel hahaha.

Why only 1 school? That's pretty gutsy.

i have never been so scared of checking emails...

I was AC in oct too i havent heard anything ... Did u get in?

Just received AC email.

40 out of 123 were accepted.

20 were accepted from AC from October.

Was there any mention about people being rejected? I heard that they were changing it up and begin to reject people starting from the 2nd interview group.

Was there any mention about people being rejected? I heard that they were changing it up and begin to reject people starting from the 2nd interview group.

No. That will happen after the LAST interview date (after march).

From the email... "There have been 83 applicants placed in an "active consideration" status. In addition, 20 candidates from the October "active consideration" group were admitted. No applicants from all interviews have been denied."

No. That will happen after the LAST interview date (after march).

From the email... "There have been 83 applicants placed in an “active consideration” status. In addition, 20 candidates from the October "active consideration" group were admitted. No applicants from all interviews have been denied."

omg!

I'm lost. So you guys mean that there's AC letters circulating around from the January interview? If there is, do you guys mind sharing the exact context of the AC letter to us (at least the body of it)? Based on the previous post, there were 20 AC from October that got accepted. Anybody from that group can confirm that? Also, does anybody on AC list from October interview got an update regarding thier status (rejected, accepted, still AC)?

Last edited:
I'm lost. So you guys mean that there's AC letters circulating around from the January interview? If there is, do you guys mind sharing the exact context of the AC letter to us (at least the body of it)? Also, based on the previous post, there were 20 AC from October that got accepted. Anybody from that group can confirm that?

Honestly the only thing that matters is whether or not someone who was already on AC got another letter or not. It seems like they haven't emailed those out yet or we all got accepted. The former is definitely more likely...

Honestly the only thing that matters is whether or not someone who was already on AC got another letter or not. It seems like they haven't emailed those out yet or we all got accepted. The former is definitely more likely...

like the october interview, i think those who are accepted will see something tomorrow in their mail. i think the ac e-mails will follow this coming tuesday (since monday is president's day). eeekkk hopefully we'll see a fat packet tomorrow. :xf:

like the october interview, i think those who are accepted will see something tomorrow in their mail. i think the ac e-mails will follow this coming tuesday (since monday is president's day). eeekkk hopefully we'll see a fat packet tomorrow. :xf:

yea... tuesday. the october emails came on a monday.

yea... tuesday. the october emails came on a monday.

they sent the acceptance letters on saturday and AC emails on monday...maybe they decided to send the emails first this time around? (to prevent the horrible anticipation that ALL of us were having on SUNDAY -_-)

they sent the acceptance letters on saturday and AC emails on monday...maybe they decided to send the emails first this time around? (to prevent the horrible anticipation that ALL of us were having on SUNDAY -_-)

the post office doesn't open on sunday & i believe monday also. so expect something maybe tomorrow or tuesday. eeek.