USC Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I have a question. I haven't received my evaluation letter yet. All I got so far was the acknowledgement letter that they received my pharmcas and supplemental from on 11/8 . Do you think this is normal?

Members don't see this ad.

I have a question. I haven't received my evaluation letter yet. All I got so far was the acknowledgement letter that they received my pharmcas and supplemental from on 11/8 . Do you think this is normal?

You could try and call them and see what they have to say. Don't be afraid to bother them. They are paid for you to call and bother them if you have any questions.

when did you submit your pharmcas application and your USC supplemental?

Members don't see this ad :)
when did you submit your pharmcas application and your USC supplemental?

I sent in my pharmcas to USC 8/1 and sent the supplemental late october right before Halloween. Thanks for your replies !

I sent in my pharmcas to USC 8/1 and sent the supplemental late october right before Halloween. Thanks for your replies !

hmm, your supplemental is kind of late, that's probably why theres a delay in getting to your application. check out the older threads from older years to see on average when people receive eval letters for late october submissions

just out of curiosity, do you guys think it's better to contact the admission's office through e-mail or phone? and why?

just out of curiosity, do you guys think it's better to contact the admission's office through e-mail or phone? and why?

I think it'll depend on the nature of your question. If it's something that does not need to be answered immediately, use the e-mail so they can respond during a convenient time. I would use the phone only if it's more urgent.

Obviously you can use either method.

Last edited:
has anyone heard back for february interviews?

Anybody hear back from the January interview?

Got interview email 2day.
Submitted my supplemental app end of October.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you know if they send out interview invites all at once? I got my confirmation email in the mid of Oct. but still haven't heard anything from them :(
Did you receive an evaluation email before your interview invite?

Congrats to those with the Feb. invitations.

You will hear your result at the end of the third week after your interview date. Mine came on a Saturday of the third week, after my initial interview date.

You will hear your result at the end of the third week after your interview date. Mine came on a Saturday of the third week, after my initial interview date.
do they also notify you if you're accepted through email and mail or just mail? I heard the socal regions get their acceptance faster than norcal areas. do you mind if i ask if you live in the socal region when you got your mail? and congrats! =)

are you just pulling things out of your ass or do you actually know?

do they also notify you if you're accepted through email and mail or just mail? I heard the socal regions get their acceptance faster than norcal areas. do you mind if i ask if you live in the socal region when you got your mail? and congrats! =)

Oh I forgot to mention that I'm from SoCal. I only got their letter through snail mail, no email.

if this is true... then ONE more week...

if this is true... then ONE more week...

interviewed in oct. received a follow-up email from usc 23 days after my interview date. GL.

Last edited:
Anyone know anything about what we have to do for financial aid at USC? What if we're on Active Consideration?

Anyone know anything about what we have to do for financial aid at USC? What if we're on Active Consideration?

Fill out FAFSA when you can. I asked during my interview and they said to not worry about the Feb 1 deadline. They will work with us once we are admitted.

Fill out the FAFSA form and add in all of the schools which you have applied to and is waiting for. After you get your acceptance package, you will know what to do by following their instructions.

Last edited:
results are probably going to come out tomorrow.

according to last year's thread at least.

do you think they actually pulled some AC's off from the first round? I almost feel like they're just accepting 15 from each new interview group.

I "think" they might just accept a portion again because there is actually 1 more interview in March, i believe.

do you think they actually pulled some AC's off from the first round? I almost feel like they're just accepting 15 from each new interview group.

last year, they said they pulled off 3 from the AC list, but the numbers seem a little different this year.

if they do 15 for each group, that leaves 60 people being seated excluding AC. then maybe 30 people from the TAP auto acceptance program. which leaves about 90-100 seats or so right? so if they do 15 per group, thats 90-100 from the AC pool, which is kind of weird because basically that's ~340 people to choose from right? at that point, they'll forget us from the first interview. if AC works by assigning us ranks and stats, then it doesn't really matter when they pull us off.

i think they'll be accepting a few from the first interview off of AC just because of the small number they accepted the first time around. this time, they have a pool of about like 200 people to look at including AC and the jan interview.

Has anyone asked the Admissions how different this year's selection is gonna be? Only 15 people accepted over a period of 3months??

last year, they said they pulled off 3 from the AC list, but the numbers seem a little different this year.

if they do 15 for each group, that leaves 60 people being seated excluding AC. then maybe 30 people from the TAP auto acceptance program. which leaves about 90-100 seats or so right? so if they do 15 per group, thats 90-100 from the AC pool, which is kind of weird because basically that's ~340 people to choose from right? at that point, they'll forget us from the first interview. if AC works by assigning us ranks and stats, then it doesn't really matter when they pull us off.

i think they'll be accepting a few from the first interview off of AC just because of the small number they accepted the first time around. this time, they have a pool of about like 200 people to look at including AC and the jan interview.

I agree with you because it wouldn't make any sense to wait until April and re-review about 350 students. If they're doing a ranking system, they have to re-rank each time a new set of interview students come up. Hopefully they'll accept at LEAST 15 more from the first interview group. If they do that, by April, they will have 120 students picked out (which seems more reasonable than 60). Let's just hope so!!

I agree with you because it wouldn't make any sense to wait until April and re-review about 350 students. If they're doing a ranking system, they have to re-rank each time a new set of interview students come up. Hopefully they'll accept at LEAST 15 more from the first interview group. If they do that, by April, they will have 120 students picked out (which seems more reasonable than 60). Let's just hope so!!

many of my top gpa friends got accepted into uop and waiting for ucsf interview got put on hold by USC. so i am assuming that USC is pretty strict this year somehow

From what I remember, the dean told us that there will be 15 students accepted from each interview date. and only 15. I'm not sure if he was considering some of the students from previous AC list to be a part of the 15 accepted from each date. However, what I got from it was 15 students from their respective interview date would be considered. Then, everybody else would be placed into the AC list for a total of 60 students to be accepted (nobody from AC). The remaining 125 students (for a grand total of 185) will be from the AC list and TAP.

I'm assuming that the the acceptance list is by some sort of ranking system, and those who made the cut off made it in.

tomorrow would be the 2.5 week mark for those who interviewed in Jan. I think it takes about 4 weeks to receive our decision letter. I think we still have to wait until sometime next week.

i applied with a 3.9+ supplemental app gpa and am hoping to get off of AC. my undergrad university is ucsd. i didn't wear a suit though, just a tie and a dress shirt along with dress pants and shoes. maybe that explains it! lol.

tomorrow would be the 2.5 week mark for those who interviewed in Jan. I think it takes about 4 weeks to receive our decision letter. I think we still have to wait until sometime next week.
i'm just going by last year's thread. we got results from the first interview at the same time frame that they did last year, so i'm assuming it would be the same for the subsequent interview dates.

From what I remember, the dean told us that there will be 15 students accepted from each interview date. and only 15. I'm not sure if he was considering some of the students from previous AC list to be a part of the 15 accepted from each date. However, what I got from it was 15 students from their respective interview date would be considered. Then, everybody else would be placed into the AC list for a total of 60 students to be accepted (nobody from AC). The remaining 125 students (for a grand total of 185) will be from the AC list and TAP.

I'm assuming that the the acceptance list is by some sort of ranking system, and those who made the cut off made it in.

ok, i mean if thats what they said, then that's probably what's going to happen. which means, our fates are already sealed by numerical means, meaning that USC should be rejecting people who have no physical chance of making it just out of courtesy, it's kind of ridiculous imo

ok, i mean if thats what they said, then that's probably what's going to happen. which means, our fates are already sealed by numerical means, meaning that USC should be rejecting people who have no physical chance of making it just out of courtesy, it's kind of ridiculous imo

also, i just realized that there's no advantage in applying early (which they recommend doing) if they accept 15 from each session only. so my assumption is that it will be 15 people including those from the first interview.

also, i just realized that there's no advantage in applying early (which they recommend doing) if they accept 15 from each session only. so my assumption is that it will be 15 people including those from the first interview.

exactly...no incentive to applying early lol

if nothing comes today, then they definitely are spicing things up this year.

LMAO. speculations...
i seriously have nothing better to do, im just riding out senioritis. i mean it's great not to do anything and all, but it really makes you think about stuff too much.

anybody hear back from jan interview yet? if not, and everything follows according to october, should hear from USC tomorrow. I think the mailman is onto me already from all the stalking i did this week. lol.

anybody hear back from jan interview yet? if not, and everything follows according to october, should hear from USC tomorrow. I think the mailman is onto me already from all the stalking i did this week. lol.

I also interviewed on 1/21 and Im hoping something will come on the mail tommorow!! I