USC turnaround time

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Triangulation

1K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey anyone that's interviewing at Keck: How long did it take after you completed the 2dary to receive an interview invite? Thanks a bunch, and kudos to those who answer this (you are where I wanna be.)

Members don't see this ad.

Good question, hope someone can answer it, I sure have no clue.

Members don't see this ad :)
My secondary was receieved Sept 29th but it took forever to get my application complete (they took a long time processing mail...such as my payment, etc). I think my app was complete sometime near the end of October and I receieved my interview invite on Nov 13th. Interviewed there on Nov 30th. Sorry can't give exact date when my app was complete...the web status doesn't allow you to see that. I just remember waiting forever for them to finally update my info to complete...good luck to all!

Hey Pillbug. What was the interview like? What did you think about the place? I'm curious to find out how similar or dissimilar to the UCs SC is. Mucho congrats for getting the interview. :D :D It doesn't sound like there's much in the way of getting interviews, so you must have really impressed them.

As far as the taking forever to get processed, I can definitely speak to that. I mailed and submitted all of my info waited ~ 1 1/2 weeks to get updated on the stat check, then called. The person I spoke with told me that she had just completed my file. For some strange reason, I thought that meant that I could go to the stat chck and see it with all of the green checks, BUT NO it took about another week for that to get updated. I'm curious if the status check is how they decide to move forward on the app or if it's determined by a 'completed file' in the office. Probably will never know, huh?

Yes! Med schools just take a LONG time processing things and what I hear from my friends who attend SC med...their school tends to be on the slower side. They even had a little disclaimer on the top of their status check page saying they had 5000 something pieces of mail to sort through, so we just have to be patient.

I liked USC. Comfortable environemnt. Pass/Fail. Students seem very happy...but the cost issue is pretty big for me. It's just sooo expensive going to SC. My friend and I were figuring how much she'd owe at the end of four years and it was a little frightening.

The interview consisted of 2 interviews. One faculty/physician and one student. Both blind. I think the faculty one is more important. The student interview was much more relaxed. From what my student interviewer said...it was more of a chance for them to chat with you, answer questions on the school and see if they could imagine you as a student at their school. I'm sure interviewfeedback can offer more info...but if you have any more questions feel free to private message me or whatever. =) Best of luck!

I submitted my application on 10/14, they had my check on 10/19 but took almost a month (until 11/14) to cash it, and even longer for it to appear on the status check. The invitation to interview came on 11/29, after everything appeared on the status check site. In fact, I think you could find out about the interview invite from the status check site, as the e-mail they send directs you there to schedule your interview. I just happened to check my e-mail before status check sites that day. Hope this helps. Good luck.