Usc Usc!! Lets Get This Show On The Road...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Scrooge

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey future dentists,
I wanted to know who my fellow classmates are gonna be for next year.
Also, does anyone know how much vacation we're gonna get and when?
I needed to get some dates for our christmas break as well. I looked on SC's website and they only give a very confusing Spring and Summer schedule which incorporates other programs into it, so its very unclear.

Anyways, hope to hear from all of you.

T-R-O-J-A-N-S

Members don't see this ad.

Hi. I will go to USC this Fall, too! Nice to hear you.

$450 Bedroom in a remodeled townhouse in San Gabriel
Seeking single female tenant

Partially furnished with a full sized bed and nightstand
Has windows, large closet, and huge living space
Living room and dining room are fully furnished and available to tenants
All utilities included
Laundry Facility, water filter system
Fridge, stove, microwave for use
Remodeled townhouse- new carpet and paint
Cable modem and TV available
Walking distance to Chinese supermarket and restaurants
15-20 min drive to USC
Current tenants are young professionals
$50 added to rent if you want to park in garage. Otherwise street parking.

Please email to [email protected] if interested.

Members don't see this ad :)
See you guys at SC!

hey, shawn, congradulation, man.
u made it =)

Just got this today from academic affairs.....not sure if it posted yet on the USC dental website....

Attachments

• Calendar 2004-2005.doc
    25 KB · Views: 148
yeah, an email containing the academic calendar was sent to all the entering students yesturday.

So..do we first years get a full summer next year? It wasnt quite clear from the calendar.

Did everybody get their packets and deposit in before the 15th?

Also, can anybody tell me he dress code? I recall from my interview that students wore street clothes during their PBL meetings.

Almost time to start!!

Shawn. If you do not receive any email indicated you file is not completed, you are ready to go.

The admission documents (put all signed documents in the big envelope) and the third deposit are due on 7/15.

Does anyone receive an email from Eva after 7/15?

Nope, I didnt get an email. I got a reciept from my deposit though. Where are you guys living? I just moved into my apartment this past week. Almost one month left Yay!!

Sorry guys, but USC does not offer a summer vacation. All we get is a two week break in August! See you guys in a month!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'd *love* to go to USC, but it's too expensive now a days :(

naaaah, come on down!!

Hey everyone! I'm going to USC too.

TaTa, where did you end up moving to? My roomie and I FINALLY found an apartment and its sooo awesome!!!

I am super excited to finally meet all of you and start having the time of our lives (well, as much as 1st year dental students can)! I'm sure that USC has some mixers and fun stuff planned for us so that we can all get to know each other. See you all on the 23rd!!!!!!!!

libraxchik said:
Hey everyone! I'm going to USC too.

TaTa, where did you end up moving to? My roomie and I FINALLY found an apartment and its sooo awesome!!!

I am super excited to finally meet all of you and start having the time of our lives (well, as much as 1st year dental students can)! I'm sure that USC has some mixers and fun stuff planned for us so that we can all get to know each other. See you all on the 23rd!!!!!!!!

sad to say, but you are already having the time of your lives. :laugh:
enjoy it as much as you can because once your anatomy class kicks in, there is no such thing as FUN. we have had 2 weeks of anatomy and exam this coming wed and i am already over whelmed. good luck to you guys and enjoy your 1st week.

PERFECT3435 said:
sad to say, but you are already having the time of your lives. :laugh:
enjoy it as much as you can because once your anatomy class kicks in, there is no such thing as FUN. we have had 2 weeks of anatomy and exam this coming wed and i am already over whelmed. good luck to you guys and enjoy your 1st week.

For all of you incoming USC students....please ignore this post. Your first 2 semesters will be a cake-walk. You will be amazed at how much you will hear this when u get to school-but it is totally for real.

3rd semester is where life starts to get interesting. And its true that when u start anatomy life will be much busier, but then again, I have an anatomy midterm tomorrow, and I was out of town all weekend, so life doesnt' get too bad.

Hopefully you guys will love it as much as I do. Any questions, etc.... hit me up.

Hi booshwa. Thank you for sharing the life in USC with us. I am going to USC this August. If I do not remember wrong, will we start interact with patients since first semester? Are we going to have dental anatomy course in first semester? Thanks.

hello all. i'm going to be applying to USC this year, and its one of my top choices, and i'm a bit concerned about my scores andwhether they will be enough for USC. Here they are:
gpa: 3.4
scigpa: 3.3
DAT
AA 23
PA 16
BIo 23
chem 22
ochem 23
RC 22
QR 26

for those of you who have been accepted (which i guess is all of you on this thread), i want an opinion on how much the 16 PAT will hurt me, and the gpa is not too high. i would love to go out to cali and go to dental school there.

benny those are awesome scores. 16 on PA is not a total loss. You could always claim you have strabismus...but then a partially blind dentist is just as bad as an Air Force pilot with poor vision. Just say the monitor was maladjusted. Gpa is not too bad either, you are just at USC's gpa average i believe.

Does anyone have a problem to register via touch-tone system?

I did not have any problems registering. I used my SSN as the student id.

NVDental said:
I did not have any problems registering. I used my SSN as the student id.

me too.

grettlin2 said:
Hi booshwa. Thank you for sharing the life in USC with us. I am going to USC this August. If I do not remember wrong, will we start interact with patients since first semester? Are we going to have dental anatomy course in first semester? Thanks.

Yep, 1st year students do the sealant program/DOC program at local elementary schools.

...one week left... :eek:

see y'all on the 23rd!! :D