• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

USC vs. Kaiser Sunset vs. Cedars

mrmandrake

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Sep 13, 2006
Hey guys,

Can someone give me their thoughts on these programs? I'm having a hard time ranking them.

In my mind, USC has 10 residents/year which means a wider network for jobs later, good benefits, meals, good volume and path, quite a few fellows though

Kaiser is great for IR but I don't think I want to go into IR but I wouldn't mind being trained well as a resident, good "IN" for a job at Kaiser, good built-in prelim program, call is rough

Cedars seems to be a private practice model with the residents doing whatever work they want, call is rough, great location, nice hospital

Any other insight is appreciated. Thanks!

shark2000

Dec 9, 2011
USC should be better than the other two.

Now what happens eventually, depends on many factors. These are out of your control.

All of these programs are considered second rank after 4 big California names: UCSF, UCSD, UCLA and Stanford.

Rank them high if you know you want to stay in California. Otherwise, there are many other programs in midwest and East coast with (much) better national reputation and education. On the other hand, breaking into California market is very tough if you are not from a local program, even if you are from a big East coast program.

GL.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.