USC VS MIDWESTERN AZ

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nsnpds

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I NEED YOUR HELP!!!

I got accepted at USC and Midwestern AZ. My main concern is to do a lot in dental school and feel ready when I graduate to practice on my own without having to do residency. Money is not a factor because they are very similar in costs. I’ve put down some pros and cons, but if you have more info or can elaborate on what I have below (especially USC students or alumni), please do so :)

Screen Shot 2018-05-14 at 5.05.54 PM.png

Members don't see this ad.

Money is not a factor because they are very similar in costs.
What is the total cost difference, including the cost of living? Even a $50,000 difference is nothing to sneeze at. It may feel like it, though, when you owe $500,000+. But, that difference translates into an extra year of working to pay off your loans.

Big Hoss

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I'm not sure why predents put so much time and energy into finding a school with certain characteristics .... especially expensive schools. I was happy having the option of choosing between expensive schools and less expensive state schools. I chose the less expensive route and I did okay. ;).
Everyone will graduate with a dental degree and the knowledge to be a good dentist. The REAL training comes AFTER dental school. That's where you work on your skills and speed. Get a temp job at Corp and I assure you will get your experience.
Stop worrying about grad depts cherry picking all the tougher procedures. Be an expert in treating basic dental procedures before concerning yourself with advanced procedures.
The savings you will get from attending a cheaper DS will be so much more advantageous for you then going to an expensive school and getting to do a couple more implants.