USC vs. UIC (IS) vs. Case vs. Nova

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

leau5

Reaction score
Hello I know there are a lot of schools up there to choose from but I’m totally at a loss. I live in Illinois so as you can see these schools spread all throughout the country. Also in the comparison, money is not an issue in terms of COA. I understand it’s always thought that the cheaper the better but I really want to specialize. Can you help me figure out which of these options will give me the best connections/footing to get into a specialty program post dental school?

I know USC has an outrageous cost and is in a dangerous location, but it has good connections seems like even though California dentists make less in salary anyway.

I know CWRU has great research and that’s definitely a pro for specialization but it’s kind of a mystery and cleveland isn’t the best area.

I know absolutely nothing about Nova, and the fact that it’s osteopathic dentistry and a young institution makes me feel like it’s less respected. But man I love Florida weather.

Finally, UIC is a fine school. It has all specialties in house so you can make contacts that way. Also it’s in a really bad neighborhood.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated ! If I’m incorrect in my ideas or anything like that please let me know, I’m lost.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hello I know there are a lot of schools up there to choose from but I’m totally at a loss. I live in Illinois so as you can see these schools spread all throughout the country. Also in the comparison, money is not an issue in terms of COA. I understand it’s always thought that the cheaper the better but I really want to specialize. Can you help me figure out which of these options will give me the best connections/footing to get into a specialty program post dental school?

I know USC has an outrageous cost and is in a dangerous location, but it has good connections seems like even though California dentists make less in salary anyway.

I know CWRU has great research and that’s definitely a pro for specialization but it’s kind of a mystery and cleveland isn’t the best area.

I know absolutely nothing about Nova, and the fact that it’s osteopathic dentistry and a young institution makes me feel like it’s less respected. But man I love Florida weather.

Finally, UIC is a fine school. It doesn’t have any speciality’s making it slightly bad for specializing because you can’t make any contacts that way and the grading system is tough there. Also it’s in a really bad neighborhood.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated ! If I’m incorrect in my ideas or anything like that please let me know, I’m lost.
CHEAPEST
do not go to U$C or nova
only other school i would consider is case
but you should still choose UIC

Status
Not open for further replies.