Usc

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jjunyi83

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello I am new to this website :)

i am a student at CSUF and planning to apply to USC in 2006...

i was wondering what USC is looking for in the application

and how much pharmacy experience hours should i have..

Members don't see this ad.

jjunyi83 said:
hello I am new to this website :)

i am a student at CSUF and planning to apply to USC in 2006...

i was wondering what USC is looking for in the application

and how much pharmacy experience hours should i have..

pharmacy experience is not required but you still need to be able to explain really well "why pharmacy."

This pharmacist I was working with used to sit on the admissions committee at USC. He told me at LEAST 6 months of pharmacy work/volunteer is beneficial. That way you can talk about knowing what you're getting yourself into career-wise and have credibility for it. I worked as a clerk at Sav-on for a year, but got my tech license from taking the PTCB exam. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
H20Suga said:
This pharmacist I was working with used to sit on the admissions committee at USC. He told me at LEAST 6 months of pharmacy work/volunteer is beneficial. That way you can talk about knowing what you're getting yourself into career-wise and have credibility for it. I worked as a clerk at Sav-on for a year, but got my tech license from taking the PTCB exam. Good luck!

The 6 month rule sounds appropriate - I once did a mock interview with an interviewer for USC's School of Pharmacy and when I told him that I had been working for over two years as a clerk he said it was way more than what the average applicant has. But he did say the more the better - that way you can cut through the BS in your interview and essays and talk about the real important stuff - pharmacy!

Also, I don't mean to advertise, but we are having a pre-health conference at USC and there are students, professors, and an admissions rep from USC's school of pharmacy (and westernu) who will be there. PM me if you want specifics!

i have talked with rep from usc's admission team before. this is what he told me.
1) try to have some experience in pharmacy or at least be able to make it clear to the interviewers as in why pharmacy
2) be mature
3) show some leadership
4) commuication (he said they usually analyze this part by asking questions like what do u like to do on the weekends or what's ur favorite book, etc)

but i don't think there's no rule that states that you have to have exp. in pharmacy. although usually if u have had experience in pharmacy, it'll help strength your answers in why pharmacy.