Usc

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

The Che

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
USC or CA cc for pre med requistes?
i heard most med schools look down upon pre requiestes taken at a cc b/c supposedly its easy and or the cc student isnt working as hard as a person in a 4 yr..so which one would i most learn more relted to pre med requistes?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
it depends on the person. what is your background? what is your personal context?

well i want to major in biology bc i want to go to med school..and lets say even if i either dont get in or dont decide on going to med school i will still want to work in something related to biology..i heard most med schools look down upon pre requiestes taken at a cc..

well i want to major in biology bc i want to go to med school..and lets say even if i either dont get in or dont decide on going to med school i will still want to work in something related to biology..i heard most med schools look down upon pre requiestes taken at a cc..

You didn't really answer the question. Are you currently a student at USC?

There are basically 3 scenarios.
1) You are a student at a 4 year. What I've heard is that schools dislike it when someone goes to a 4 year and then takes too many prereqs (particularly all of the "hard" ones like organic chem) at CC. But lots of people take a small number of prereqs at CC (ie physics) and no one cares. It's a red flag if it's too many though, and people will give different answers as to what is too many.
2) Student at a CC: I do not think it is looked down upon to go to CC, take some prereqs, and get into a 4 year, and then prove yourself by taking upper division coursework at the 4 year.
3) The third situation is that you don't decide to be a pre-med until later, and then do CC for economic reasons post-bac, and that is explainable but not the best.