Program-Specific Info / Q's USciences for OT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KBOT

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
HI Everyone,

On 1/15 OTCAS verified my gpa and sent my application to USciences, among some other schools I applied to. I know that they make their decisions based on rolling admissions. Can anyone tell me their experiences with hearing back from them? When did you send your app? How long did it take to hear back?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

HI Everyone,

On 1/15 OTCAS verified my gpa and sent my application to USciences, among some other schools I applied to. I know that they make their decisions based on rolling admissions. Can anyone tell me their experiences with hearing back from them? When did you send your app? How long did it take to hear back?

Thanks

Hey! My application was verified at the end of October and I have yet to hear from them. I've been following some other forums and I believe I should find out any day now. I went to an info session back in November and Aimee told me I would know sometime in January.

Hey! My application was verified at the end of October and I have yet to hear from them. I've been following some other forums and I believe I should find out any day now. I went to an info session back in November and Aimee told me I would know sometime in January.

What was your overall impression of the school? Campus? Professors? Curriculum?

Members don't see this ad :)
What was your overall impression of the school? Campus? Professors? Curriculum?

Hey! To be 100% honest, I didn't have such a great experience at the Info session. :(

The Campus is nice and I liked the location as well. Many of the buildings seemed up to date and VERY clean. I also ate at the dining hall and enjoyed it!

I didn't meet any of the Professors, and the overall atmosphere of the school seemed a little gloomy. At one point during my tour a student looked at me, shook her head, and said "This school f**king sucks". I know that is just one student, but I read a lot of student reviews online and it seemed to be a trend of student unsatisfaction.

The pass rate this past year was 100% which is impressive, but I know that it was lower in past years. The curriculum seemed solid and I was overall impressed in that area. The tuition is higher than any other school I applied to and the program is about 2 1/2 years for the MOT. You get an automatic $5,000 Scholarship if you're accepted which is nice. In my case, I applied to the DrOT program so my cost for school would be roughly $128,000 :help:.

Overall my impression of the school was mixed. It definitely had it's highlights, but there were a few too many hiccups in my opinion. If I didn't get into any other school, I'd be more than happy to go to USciences (let alone ANY OT School). However, since I've been accepted to other programs, I won't be attending this school unless I received more than $5,000 a year.

I hope this helped and good luck!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Hey! To be 100% honest, I didn't have such a great experience at the Info session. :(

The Campus is nice and I liked the location as well. Many of the buildings seemed up to date and VERY clean. I also ate at the dining hall and enjoyed it!

I didn't meet any of the Professors, and the overall atmosphere of the school seemed a little gloomy. At one point during my tour a student looked at me, shook her head, and said "This school f**king sucks". I know that is just one student, but I read a lot of student reviews online and it seemed to be a trend of student unsatisfaction.

The pass rate this past year was 100% which is impressive, but I know that is was lower in past years. The curriculum seemed solid and I was overall impressed in that area. The tuition is higher than any other school I applied to and the program is about 2 1/2 years for the MOT. You get an automatic $5,000 Scholarship if you're accepted which is nice. In my case, I applied to the DrOT program so my cost for school would be roughly $128,000 :help:.

Overall my impression of the school was mixed. It definitely had it's highlights, but there were a few too many hiccups in my opinion. If I didn't get into any other school, I'd be more than happy to go to USciences (let alone ANY OT School). However, since I've been accepted to other programs, I won't be attending this school unless I received more than $5,000 a year.

Where else were you accepted to?

Where else were you accepted to?

As of now, I will be attending Salus University in the Fall. I had an interview with Temple a couple days ago, but I won't find out from them for another few weeks. If I do get into Temple, then I'll have a big decision I guess because I love both programs.

After my acceptance to Salus, I had interview invites from Chatham, Sacred Heart, and Bay Path, but I declined since Temple and Salus are my Top 2. The other three programs seemed great though, and I'm not knocking them at all.

:help:

The pass rate this past year was 100% which is impressive, but I know that it was lower in past years. The curriculum seemed solid and I was overall impressed in that area. The tuition is higher than any other school I applied to and the program is about 2 1/2 years for the MOT. You get an automatic $5,000 Scholarship if you're accepted which is nice. In my case, I applied to the DrOT program so my cost for school would be roughly $128,000 :help:.

Hi you mentioned the DrOT program is around 128k, do you happen to know the tuition for the MOT program?

:help:

Hi you mentioned the DrOT program is around 128k, do you happen to know the tuition for the MOT program?

It's $32,000 a year and the program is 2 1/2 years, so I would assume it's around $80,000. That is just for tuition.

It's $32,000 a year and the program is 2 1/2 years, so I would assume it's around $80,000. That is just for tuition.
Hey, where did you see that it's 32,000 a year? I thought it was $1500 a credit at like 90 something credits. I would be perfectly fine with being wrong haha cause I thought that was so much money. Maybe I was looking at the drOT price.

Yea I thought it was around 126,000 for the MOT program. I, too, would be more than happy if I was wrong.

Hey, where did you see that it's 32,000 a year? I thought it was $1500 a credit at like 90 something credits. I would be perfectly fine with being wrong haha cause I thought that was so much money. Maybe I was looking at the drOT price.

My apologizes. I read on a previous forum about the cost of attendance and I believe that information was incorrect. I checked out USciences website and it appears to be $1,500 a credit for 97 credits. If that is true, that is INSANE.

I would call the office of graduate admission to get any confusion figured out.

My apologizes. I read on a previous forum about the cost of attendance and I believe that information was incorrect. I checked out USciences website and it appears to be $1,500 a credit for 97 credits. If that is true, that is INSANE.

I would call the office of graduate admission to get any confusion figured out.

Yep, that's a USC price without the USC diploma. :-\

Hey guys! I met with a financial advisor person at usciences last weekend. Tuition for fall and spring semesters is about $37,000. For summer classes, you pay per credit (around $1,500 per credit) since it's part time and the first summer is 7 credits I believe. They said tuition is expected to raise 3-5% each year. Then you also have to add in housing, transportation, and she said about $2,000 in fees each year. For a 2 1/2 year program that's somewhere near $130,000 (that's what the advisor told me, at least). So expensive!!!!

ugh makes me worry about attending! What about other philly schools? does anyone know tuition prices for other philly schools?

ugh makes me worry about attending! What about other philly schools? does anyone know tuition prices for other philly schools?

Salus is about $58,000 total, and Temple is around $77,000 (total tuition).

I don't know about Jefferson or any other school.

Has anyone heard back? All I got was an email asking to fill out supplemental form

Anybody heard anything lately? Seems like nobody is declining their offers. I was hoping more spots would open up. Even if they are I guess, they are not coming to me. :( I was really hoping to get in here.

Anybody heard anything lately? Seems like nobody is declining their offers. I was hoping more spots would open up. Even if they are I guess, they are not coming to me. :( I was really hoping to get in here.
I called today and the woman said they are still reviewing applications. I was verified in feb and she said its a strong possibility they won't get up to my application :(

Anyone know about financial aid/scholarships? Does anyone get more based on aid. I'm considering applying as a safety, but I don't know if it's worth it...

Is that the in state price for Temple? I am out of state and from what i saw it is about 96,000 out of state. But I may have been looking at an out of date tuition page. I too have to choose between Salus and Temple, and the huge difference in tuition for me may force me to decide Salus

Is that the in state price for Temple? I am out of state and from what i saw it is about 96,000 out of state. But I may have been looking at an out of date tuition page. I too have to choose between Salus and Temple, and the huge difference in tuition for me may force me to decide Salus
I believe it's 96k, hence why I didn't apply. Salus was very accommodating for my interview; I was shocked. They seemed like they cared, at least. I kind of almost regret turning them down...